DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TapFly Gives An Error for Every Flight

jelarv

Reactions
As shown in the video below, every time I try to use the TapFly mode with my M2Z, I get the error: "Obstacle in flight path. Please fly in another direction." The video shows my flights in the midwest and Hawaii and so it's not my location. The video comes from a M2Z I received recently as a "DJI Refresh" and the former M2Z gave me the same error, which rules out the hardware.

In the video, when you see the red circle above the horizon, that's because I'm pressing the screen above the horizon where there are no obstacles for miles.

Any thoughts you have are appreciated!

Obstacle in flight path Please fly in another direction.mp4

Are your OA sensors covered with the small clear stickers.

Do the OA sensors work normally ?

No stickers and no problems with the OA sensors
Have you deleted/reinstalled DJI Go4 ?
Have you refreshed the firmware on the AC and RC ?

Yes, before I had the M2Z replaced via the "DJI Refresh" plan I first had to do all the steps you mention (there was a defective gimbal they were trying to correct but in the end, I had to get the entire drone replaced). Both drones had this error problem.

Yes, before I had the M2Z replaced via the "DJI Refresh" plan I first had to do all the steps you mention (there was a defective gimbal they were trying to correct but in the end, I had to get the entire drone replaced). Both drones had this error problem.

Have you tried flying with a different phone/tablet if your saying it's not a problem with the drones ?
It must be the device your using or DJI Go4 (have you updated it)

Have you tried flying with a different phone/tablet if your saying it's not a problem with the drones ?
It must be the device your using or DJI Go4 (have you updated it)
I'm using a SmartController. It's the only constant in all this, but I don't understand how it can influence the usability of an Intelligent Flight Mode. Maybe this is a bug in the Go4 app that's not getting called out because the majority of users are using their smartphones as controllers.

I'm using a SmartController. It's the only constant in all this, but I don't understand how it can influence the usability of an Intelligent Flight Mode. Maybe this is a bug in the Go4 app that's not getting called out because the majority of users are using their smartphones as controllers.

It would be interesting to see if the problem exists when you just use a phone and the original controller

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_