DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Technology idiot bought a Mavic Air

Sutton Coldfield

Reactions
Hello everyone, I am needing some help. I bought a Mavic Air FMC yesterday and I was just going through the manual, proceeding to connect my phone to the controller, when I realised that the little cables that join the phone to the controller are upside down. None of the three cables provided are marked to identify which one is appropriate for my phone as well.IMG20180518122851.jpg
Here is a photo of one of the cables. On the right of the photo is the connection to the controller. On the left is the connection to the phone. As you can see, since this cable is applied to the left hand side of the controller, my phone would have to sit in the controller upside down.

In the title I admitted that technology is not my friend. Could somebody please advise me? BTW, I bought the unit to check on sheep in the paddocks that are not visible from the house. I have no experience with drones other than the videos I have watched.

Hello everyone, I am needing some help. I bought a Mavic Air FMC yesterday and I was just going through the manual, proceeding to connect my phone to the controller, when I realised that the little cables that join the phone to the controller are upside down. None of the three cables provided are marked to identify which one is appropriate for my phone as well.View attachment 38161
Here is a photo of one of the cables. On the right of the photo is the connection to the controller. On the left is the connection to the phone. As you can see, since this cable is applied to the left hand side of the controller, my phone would have to sit in the controller upside down.

In the title I admitted that technology is not my friend. Could somebody please advise me? BTW, I bought the unit to check on sheep in the paddocks that are not visible from the house. I have no experience with drones other than the videos I have watched.
You can use your regular phone cable and plug it into the bottom USB port on the controller.

Hello everyone, I am needing some help. I bought a Mavic Air FMC yesterday and I was just going through the manual, proceeding to connect my phone to the controller, when I realised that the little cables that join the phone to the controller are upside down. None of the three cables provided are marked to identify which one is appropriate for my phone as well.View attachment 38161

Welcome to Mavic Pilots BTW:)!

With the auto rotate feature in most phones, there isn't really an upside down. You have just decided what side is the top for you in landscape mode. It shouldnt be a problem to load it "upside down"

With the auto rotate feature in most phones, there isn't really an upside down. You have just decided what side is the top for you in landscape mode. It shouldnt be a problem to load it "upside down"
What he means is, the back of the phone will be up, and the screen side down because his phone port is opposite.

android.......... I didnt think about that. No two are configured the same.

My cable failed the second time I used it. It would intermittently disconnect during use. Once I replaced it no more problems.

Reactions: Silver3PO
Thanks all, and thanks djiboi for pointing out a solution to my situation. I will get one of those reverse cables. The problem though is that, even though I will be using the drone for work, I am still a man and men like shiny new things to play with straight away. Since I am in rural Australia it will drive me mad waiting till the cable comes. I think that I will order the Mavic RC Cable and use the method that MavicCF suggested until it gets here. Thanks everybody.

UPDATE:

I connected as MavicCF suggested and the phone did all of this updating and firmware stuff. After all of that was over I shut it down (have to read the manual now). Even though I have yet to leave the ground, that is some serious gear there. When I was holding the controller and looking at the view of the camera, it impressed and scared me a bit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61