DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tell Us About Your Ag Business

Reactions
Interested in hearing about successful precision agriculture businesses. Where are you located? How'd you do it? Challenges? Deliverables? Pricing? Programs? Thanks in advance.

Interested in hearing about successful precision agriculture businesses. Where are you located? How'd you do it? Challenges? Deliverables? Pricing? Programs? Thanks in advance.
Several "drone training" companies like DartDrones offer classes and such on subject. If looking to do that - then maybe getting some of their training will be invaluable to you.

Reactions: chambosinthere
Well, I'm not sure just where the 'precision' fits with my use in agriculture in Australia. I use extensively to check stock watering points, water meters, crop monitoring, (sometimes using drone deploy to create an NVDI file), and most recently using active tracking to assist in spotting/identifying and spraying noxious weeds with a boom spray. Trouble is being a 'broadacre' farmer, one needs multiple full batteries to achieve several hours work. One day I used 8 batteries, and the 12v charger only charged one in that time. Another active tracking use was for harvest, during the wheat crops maturity we had devastating frosts, affecting large areas, but not so much others. Usually this causes downgrading of the grain sample, some dramatic price differences. To alleviate all the sample being spoiled, we used the drone (M2Z), to actively track the header, the frost affected areas easily seen from above, but very hard at ground level in the header cab driving, patching out the better areas to maintain top samples. In both these examples we attached a larger tablet screen to the SC. It all worked very well with the auto guidance system on the machines, although the Trimble GPS was a bit more accurate than the Mavic.

The NVDI file creation had great potential, but when one comes to large areas, a little drone makes a long haul over say a 100-200ha or even larger paddock. One can subscribe to real time satellite images at similar finished costings, so that use would only suit small areas.

So it's as far as the imagination allows. I have hired my drone @ $100/hr, but risky for not very experienced pilots.

Cheers

Reactions: vr_driver and Atkas
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS