DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Template needed. Town has asked me to do area promo video and pics ( no charge happy to help)

Briarcliff

Reactions
Any ideas on story book. If you have ideas on what’s best to focus on. Looking for template if you could be kind enough to share.

Reactions: BigAl07
Any ideas on story book. If you have ideas on what’s best to focus on. Looking for template if you could be kind enough to share.
Hopefully you'll get the guidance needed but understand this is now a VERY competitive industry which is saturated majorly so you may not find many people with a half decent template willing to share their work and processes.

Also as stated above, regardless if it's FREE you're still on the hook as a Commercial Operator for this type of work. Money is not the triggering factor... or more accurately not the ONLY triggering factor here. This is definitely not hobby/recreational operations.

I see from another post you made you are Part 107... disregard the above :)

Thanks for input. Yup part 107 as mentioned.
I’m just trying to help out local communities with a few promo pieces.
I also appreciate those of you who are very good at the video work you produce and are perhaps not willing to share their ideas.
Just hoping for general ideas of content.
No problem - I’ll drop thread.
Safe flying all

Reactions: BigAl07
For me, in a case someone wants footage, is to sit down and ask what they want and then put it next to what i can to avoid misunderstandings and / or wrong expectations.

This being said, the next thing I do is put every single part on a card, then clean up the livingroom to spread everything out on the floor, sort it, number the cards in the right oder (so if the stacks falls down, I only have to look at the numbers :) ) and then I more or less have my storybook.

Next thing is to sit down with the people who want the footage to see if this is what they want, then I start making the footage.

Next step is to view the raw footage and make a kind of "pre editing", then again meet with those who want the footage and decide the final footage for the final editing.

Generally, there is a lot more work then people realize when they say "we want some footage..."

If by “no charge happy to help” you mean that you’ll provide footage or construct a promo video for free would be totally punk rock. Don’t do it free I’d say. A professional drone pilot would charge hundreds-thousands of U.S. dollars to produce that area promo . Remember a few years back , the Pace picante sauce commercials -New York city! Get a rope! Yeah that’s how some of us may feel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair