DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Temporary drone ban in Shenzhen

Heindrich1988

Reactions
As of midnight last night, all of Shenzhen became a no-fly zone like Beijing (which is a permanent ban). The ban is expected to last for one week.

I know this is irrelevant to most forum members. But I think it is a curious case-study for how governments might regulate drones for temporary events, and how DJI (and others) might cooperate with such regulation.

Although I don't live in Shenzhen, I bought my drone from there, so I am in the DJI Shenzhen flagship store customer WeChat group. The group admins sent a group notice a few hours ahead of the ban.

Earlier today, a notification was sent to users via the DJI Fly app. I assume DJI Go users must have received it too. I received a notification on my English version of the app too, but it looks like nobody bothered to actually translate the full notice in English, so the article is missing within the app itself.

Here's a screenshot of the notice from another user:

mmexport1602489786356.jpg

Basically it just says that all drones are banned in Shenzhen for one week, whether for personal use or commercial use. Those who absolutely must fly must obtain permission from military and civil airspace control departments. Those who violate the ban will face legal consequences.

According to people in Shenzhen, the app is not forcibly preventing drones from taking off in Shenzhen. So, the question of enforcing the ban came up...

This was a video shared from Tik Tok. According to the video, the gun is capable of cutting signal between drones and remote controllers forcing them to land or RTH. Obviously, if such equipment proliferates across law enforcement (and more worryingly, private ownership or security companies), your drone could be confiscated by the authorities.

Finally, the reason for the Shenzhen temporary ban? Apparently President Xi is visiting Shenzhen this week.

That anti-drone gun is interesting. I supposes it's just a 2.4Ghz/5.8GHz (WiFi) jammer with a highly directional antenna. Maybe also jam GNSS (GPS) @ 1.6 Ghz.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929