DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Temporary No Fly Zone -- Las Vegas???

Wyldwings

Reactions
So today I went to an area outside of Las Vegas (about 15 miles) where I have flown multiple times and all of a sudden a big blue no fly zone circle enveloped the entire county. Never seen anything like it. I went on this forum (and others) and figured out how to unlock the no-fly zone restriction. However, the notes indicate that the restriction will not be lifted until Friday, February 21. I know DJI does this periodically when special events occur. Would they do this because the Democratic Debates are here tonight??

President Trump is in town.

TFR's issued for today, tomorrow and the 21st when he has his rally here in Las Vegas.

AF1 is about to take off from McCarran to Phoenix and will come back later tonight.

If you are in one of the 5 unlockable zones, you can go to Custom Unlocking if you are able to get LAANC authorization. Also note, the zones have all changed in the last few months including new altitude zones.

It's a great idea to bookmark this page and look for details about TFR's (even if you CAN unlock the aircraft you're still NOT legal to fly in them without explicit authorization from the entity requesting the TFR).

First of all as has been pointed out it has nothing to do with DJI.
Living near Mara Largo In the winter we get these almost every weekend and they’re pretty big. Luckily I i’m just north of it.
Sky vector is a free online way to see these.
It’s extremely difficult to get a waiver.

OK guys yes there are TFR's when VIP's are present and yes you can discuss them but there will be no unnecessary political remarks made in these forums .
Post have been deleted and any more will be also with warnings to anyone that makes them.
dc

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio