Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tentative Schedule for SAR training on Jun 8th at Acworth Beach, GA

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
The schedule is coming together for the SAR training on June 8th at Acworth Beach in north GA:
  • Lessons learned by Tim Ganey from his recent 3 days of SAR ops in the Bankhead National Forest
  • Presentation on drone night operations
  • Practical flight exercise - grid search over open water
  • Practical flight exercise - manual orbits around distant objects
  • Practical flight exercise - Damage Assessment flights
  • Experience the DJI RE goggles and Moverio BT300 as an adjunct for SAR and Damage Assessment operations
  • Collaborate with other pilots and experience synergy
  • Optional follow-on training on Sunday, June 9th in detailed Litchi flight planning and flights
Very cool quality large DSAR mugs will be given to the first 10 people to pay their invoice online (cost is for facility rental and food; no charge for the training itself.) And a neat DSAR hat free for the pilot coming from the furthest distance to train with us. Training certificates will be provided after completion of training.

Links will be send to attendees who desire to order a DSAR tshirt, a DSAR windbreaker and DSAR car magnetic signs.

Lunch on Sat will be a cookout with food and drinks provided. Bring the family; they can swim and enjoy the lake while you fly. Still a handful of slots left.

Last edited:
Sounds like a LARGE time for sure!!

Bob, can we make a list of "things to bring" so people will know ahead of time?

Here would be my list of things not to forget:
  1. Drone, extra batteries, car and wall charger, extra props
  2. Landing pad
  3. A comfy folding chair
  4. Sunscreen
  5. A good hat
  6. Swimsuit and towels (beach in walking distance)
  7. Litchi preinstalled
  8. I dont know the beaches alcohol policy, but no drinking before or during your flight.
Feel free to add to the list as needed.

Anything else you can think of? I know you have all the goodies.

I tend to bring too much LOL!

In addition to the above I usually have:
  • Extra cables (Charging, Tx to Viewing Device)
  • Laptop
  • EZ-Up
  • Heavy Duty stakes for EZ Up
  • Anchors for high wind (sand bags etc) for EZ Up
  • sunglasses
  • spare sunglasses (LOL)
  • landing pad
  • work table
  • water bottle
  • multiple energy/granola bars
  • cooler with ice & waters

I also have a Night Before Checklist that includes powering everything UP and making sure there are no critical system issues, Charge EVERYTHING fully, Clean & Inspect aircraft, pack everything as you take it apart/shut down so you don't leave any essential items (had a few people show up for training w/o Tx, cables, props etc). Make sure you have essential items packed BEFORE you go to bed. In the morning rush you will forget something...

In addition to the above I usually have:
  • Extra cables (Charging, Tx to Viewing Device)
  • Laptop
  • EZ-Up
  • Heavy Duty stakes for EZ Up
  • Anchors for high wind (sand bags etc) for EZ Up
  • sunglasses
  • spare sunglasses (LOL)
  • landing pad
  • work table
  • water bottle
  • multiple energy/granola bars
  • cooler with ice & waters

I also have a Night Before Checklist that includes powering everything UP and making sure there are no critical system issues, Charge EVERYTHING fully, Clean & Inspect aircraft, pack everything as you take it apart/shut down so you don't leave any essential items (had a few people show up for training w/o Tx, cables, props etc). Make sure you have essential items packed BEFORE you go to bed. In the morning rush you will forget something...
I absolutely agree about doing it the night before.

Can't use it if you don't bring it.:D

Never heard anyone say "I wish I didn't bring those batteries, cables, reading glasses, extra props ect."

Can't use it if you don't bring it.:D

Never heard anyone say "I wish I didn't bring those batteries, cables, reading glasses, extra props ect."

I like how you think :)

Reactions: tleedom
These beautiful free DSAR mugs (graciously made by Tim Ganey's wife) will be given away to the first 10 attendees to pay their $20 entrance fee (to cover facility rental and food)! These are gorgeous mugs that may well one day fetch a hefty price on ebay as collectibles. ;)

Still 7 left to give away ...

Attachments

• IMG_2761.jpg
    IMG_2761.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Update... 4 mugs left only! If you havent received a Paypal invoice for the event, please let us know, and we will get one out to you.

Here is the list of payments we received. If youre not on the list but you have paid already, please let us know:

Bernard PAID
Geoff PAID
Joel PAID
Mani PAID
Roy PAID
Shawn PAID

Last edited:
Update... 4 mugs left only! If you havent received a Paypal invoice for the event, please let us know, and we will get one out to you.

Here is the list of payments we received. If youre not on the list but you have paid already, please let us know:

Bernard PAID
Geoff PAID
Joel PAID
Mani PAID
Roy PAID
Shawn PAID

I must be getting dense in my old age but I have yet to see a link to where we sign up and pay. I would like to pay for both Pete and myself for both days. My wife will be tagging along as usual so if there is an extra charge for that I would like to take care of all of it at one time.

I must be getting dense in my old age but I have yet to see a link to where we sign up and pay. I would like to pay for both Pete and myself for both days. My wife will be tagging along as usual so if there is an extra charge for that I would like to take care of all of it at one time.

Its not you Tim. It might be Paypal. I had sent a Paypal invoices to you and Pete, but I can send it again if you need me to.

Wife and kids are free.

That should take care of Pete and I for both days. If we were to not be able to be there the second day then it's just a donation to the cause!

Reactions: Former Member
BTW: Neither Pete or I will require a mug. Not that it's not appreciated but we live real close to the source. LOL

These are some pictures of the pavilion number 4 I took today. There are 8 metal benches, 6 electric plugs, and a barbecue grill.

We will have the pavilion all to ourselves that day and a bunch of parking places. There's a boat ramp right next to the pavilion, toilets very nearby and the beach 2 minutes away

org_38adfbf2ae46fd99_1558114116000.jpegorg_1fe93de8ad9373fd_1558113252000.jpeg20190517_130042.jpeg20190517_130032.jpeg

Attachments

• org_723a5ca54792ad51_1558113256000.jpeg
    org_723a5ca54792ad51_1558113256000.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143