DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Terrible distance

Dronebow

Reactions
I am having some terrible distances before the signal becomes lost or unstable. I'm in a city area but I'm really getting no more than what I got with my P3 in the same area. 2000' to 2500' feet and I start getting messages to adjust the antenna or that the signal is lost.

For reference I have the antenna straight up. I'll head out to the country and do another test soon but this is a bit concerning. I would expect at a minimum 1 mile here or maybe more.

Help is appreciated.

To update, I contacted DJI support and they are having me calibrate the IMU, compass, re-link the remote and they want me to refresh the firmware.. so basically they don't know what the issue is...

You replied on my thread.... I sent my screenshots too DJI and they paid to have it sent to a repair centre here in Australia and they have now sent me a replacement that should be here soon as it has been sent already...

I am having some terrible distances before the signal becomes lost or unstable. I'm in a city area but I'm really getting no more than what I got with my P3 in the same area. 2000' to 2500' feet and I start getting messages to adjust the antenna or that the signal is lost.

For reference I have the antenna straight up. I'll head out to the country and do another test soon but this is a bit concerning. I would expect at a minimum 1 mile here or maybe more.

Help is appreciated.
I actually think thats to be expected in urban areas. Hope you will be surprised how good it is in the countyside.

Ender

P.S. Yeah, the support can solve ANYTHING with IMU calibration ... NOT

Reactions: 1dr1
Get out of the city and retest. Can't imagine you have good LoS in the middle of a city, anyway.

You replied on my thread.... I sent my screenshots too DJI and they paid to have it sent to a repair centre here in Australia and they have now sent me a replacement that should be here soon as it has been sent already...
out of curiosity, where is the repair centre in Australia?

Get out of the city and retest. Can't imagine you have good LoS in the middle of a city, anyway.
I did get out of the city and test this morning. Same result. I think I have the same issue as Geoff. Will contact DJI this morning and try to get an RMA.

How long did it take from the time you shipped it until they sent the replacement?

Stay on them, or it could sit for weeks. If they dont update you on their schedule, call them (dont chat or email, call)

Stay on them, or it could sit for weeks. If they dont update you on their schedule, call them (dont chat or email, call)
I was on with support chat this morning and they wanted me to once again go through the different steps. I refused and insisted on getting the RMA. They sent me to the site to fill in the information for the RMA. Waiting for an email with the RMA label now. Once I get the RMA info I'm sure I will choose to FedEx it myself rather than UPS. I have a planned family vacation coming up in 3 weeks that I MUST have this thing back for..

Do not hold your breath. Plan on it not being there, and be surprised if it does show up in time.
If that is the case, then I will not send it in and I'll just wait. I will call them once I have contact info.

Ihad to send mine back because the sensor went dark. It would only record black and send no video to the RC/Phone. I got the RMA Nov1, drone arrived to them on Nov 4, I got the drone back Nov 25. I called every other day, and finally kept telling the tech to pass the phone to their supervisor until someone was able to ship out the new drone. Found out it was just sitting on the shelf, untouched.

you have to stay on them about it, get nasty. They dont care, and wont care. They have your money already and now they also have your drone.

Ihad to send mine back because the sensor went dark. It would only record black and send no video to the RC/Phone. I got the RMA Nov1, drone arrived to them on Nov 4, I got the drone back Nov 25. I called every other day, and finally kept telling the tech to pass the phone to their supervisor until someone was able to ship out the new drone. Found out it was just sitting on the shelf, untouched.

you have to stay on them about it, get nasty. They dont care, and wont care. They have your money already and now they also have your drone.
Did you also have the DJI Refresh at the time??

Did you get a new drone or the same one that was repaired?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS