DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Terrible drone range

Osbornsm

Reactions
Hello all,

I have the original usb-c cable and a Samsung S10+.

When flying around the neighborhood at 150ft. I lose 1-bar of RC signal at 300ft and it returns home @ 800ft distance.
I am facing the drone
I have no case on my phone.
My wifi is off
Power saving off too
Transmission setting Auto

Please help!

Tell meore about this supposed 6-mile range... ?

Hello all,

When flying around the neighborhood at 150ft. I lose 1-bar of RC signal at 300ft and it returns home @ 800ft distance.
I am facing the drone
My wifi is off
Power saving off too

Please help!

Tell meore about this supposed 6-mile range... [emoji849]

Take it somewhere and try again? Could be a radio tower or cell tower near?

Please note: i have a previous Mavic Air 2 that flew in identical locations with ZERO issue.
P.S. video cuts out and gets all blocky way before the signal is lost.

Please note: i have a previous Mavic Air 2 that flew in identical locations with ZERO issue.
P.S. video cuts out and gets all blocky way before the signal is lost.

I live in a pretty heavily populated suburban neighborhood with cell towers and antennas and trees everywhere. Mine can go about 4500 feet. If u go higher U might be able to go farther?

Reactions: Osbornsm
I'm beginning to think I need to check mine. I live in a neighborhood with single family homes for acres and acres. No high rises, no cell towers, nothing except houses.

I can't fly farther than about 1500 feet from my house. Even at 300' AGL.

Im going to the "sticks" tomorrow, and will give her a run for her money.

Post an update later

On a side note, I do NOT have the option for "dual-band"
sounds like you have a defective drone ,in the US versions you only get 5.8 ,there is no 2.4 on US versions

sounds like you have a defective drone ,in the US versions you only get 5.8 ,there is no 2.4 on US versions
Really?

So if I can see 2.4 listed, with ADS-B enabled, there's a problem?

(Not saying ADS-B has anything to do with it, but would prove US version)

Reactions: old man mavic
Really?

So if I can see 2.4 listed, with ADS-B enabled, there's a problem?

(Not saying ADS-B has anything to do with it, but would prove US version)
well i looked at the specs and it seems i may have got that wrong, it seems a departure from the previous mavs that only used 5.8 in the US sorry dont have a MA2 my mistake its probably that the ADS-B uses 2.4 to send the info to the RC we dont have ADS-B yet on our versions of the MA2 in the UK

well i looked at the specs and it seems i may have got that wrong, it seems a departure from the previous mavs that only used 5.8 in the US sorry dont have a MA2 my mistake its probably that the ADS-B uses 2.4 to send the info to the RC we dont have ADS-B yet on our versions of the MA2 in the UK
When I had my MA1 I remember getting better range when I would manually pick a 5.8 channel, but I read somewhere that you should leave the MA2 in auto... Any input?

This fixed my problem:

1. I downloaded DJI Fly 1.1.2 from APKMirror (the variant with the latest date).
2. Connected to the aircraft and signed in.
3. Did a test flight with it and confirmed the "Frequency" option was available. My range greatly improved.
4. Landed the aircraft, turned it and the remote off.
5. Uninstalled DJI Fly 1.1.2 and then opened the Google Play store to download and install 1.1.5

Now I have the latest version of the app and the "Frequency" option is back.

This fixed my problem:

1. I downloaded DJI Fly 1.1.2 from APKMirror (the variant with the latest date).
2. Connected to the aircraft and signed in.
3. Did a test flight with it and confirmed the "Frequency" option was available. My range greatly improved.
4. Landed the aircraft, turned it and the remote off.
5. Uninstalled DJI Fly 1.1.2 and then opened the Google Play store to download and install 1.1.5

Now I have the latest version of the app and the "Frequency" option is back.

And your range is good now?

Hello all,

I am facing the drone
My wifi is off
Power saving off too

Please help!

Tell meore about this supposed 6-mile range... ?
Maybe check your distance limit settings

My Mavic Air 2 range is better than the 1 but it's really all over the place in distance depending on my direction of flight. I don't think that I would get the distance the specs say that I should. I live in the desert and 75 feet will clear most everything so I rarely fly much higher than 100ft. I have nothing but open area to the south but lots of Helicopters...probably because they are skirting the KPMD class D to the north and high terrain to the south so I'm just not comfortable going a lot higher. The ADS B in is a big plus but it's lacking the info I'm used to seeing.

Ocusync uses either 2.4 or 5.8ghz for transmission, the controller/drone will switch depending on interference and distance levels. ADSB is 978 or 1080mhz.

I'm beginning to think I need to check mine. I live in a neighborhood with single family homes for acres and acres. No high rises, no cell towers, nothing except houses.

I can't fly farther than about 1500 feet from my house. Even at 300' AGL.

Im going to the "sticks" tomorrow, and will give her a run for her money.

Post an update later
Sorry, but I didn't make that run yesterday. The wind was coming from the East, and the only thing East for me, is water lol. I'm not making a distance run over the ocean.

Trying again today though. Wind seems to be coming from the west for now.

Just flew from my house again, wind coming hard out of the southeast at about 20mph @ 150AGL so no distance run again today.

But... From my house, I tried switching between dual band and 5.8 and got marginally better results in 5.8

Still terrible. 1500 feet and the feed is too unstable to use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair