DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Test Flights of M2P & FIMI X8 SE (MavicMini Question)

ljhookem1414

Reactions
Took my maiden flight today on the M2P and also received my son’s CHRISTmas present FIMI X8 SE yesterday and test flew it as well.

That was a mistake because there is just no comparison between the two drones.

The M2P stability in the air is amazing and it was a winding day today around the SE of Houston near the water.

I much prefer the M2P UI and I could go on an on about what was just so much better with the M2P.

This flight today got me considering selling this new FIMI X8 SE and exchanging for a Mavic Mini. The only thing holding me back is I know my son will enjoy the use of Active Track as he’s into sports and will want to use that function.

Do y’all feel like the MM will be getting a update for Active track in the near future? I mean the MM already does some tracking in the Quickshots (circle mode) although it’s not 100% all the time.

Anyways, what’s the boards thoughts on MM eventually getting an active track?

I don't think the MM will have AT any time soon, if ever.
If it does, not having OA may be an issue.
I agree. If they add it, they’re going to have to warn about voiding the warranty when using it. No OA. Would still like to have a choice though.

Don't hate me, but why don't you get a Skydio R2 instead, if he is into sports with active tracking ? I would have said Mavic Air but it's too expensive for what it does offer. For the Skydio you might need to wait as well if you order it now.
Otherwise.. yeah.. your M2P is in another league compared with the FIMI X8 SE.

I agee with Netsonic. Skydio a better choice for active sport tracking and hand free.

I agree. If they add it, they’re going to have to warn about voiding the warranty when using it. No OA. Would still like to have a choice though.
Using AT if they add it without OA shouldn't void any warranty. Just don't let it hit anything. Even with OA it's still your responsibility.

I agee with Netsonic. Skydio a better choice for active sport tracking and hand free.
Don't get too complacent with Skydio 2 OA. From what I've heard, the "crash proof" is marketing hype with a fine print.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3