DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Test: Max flight time with 4 batteries.....

Lapeer20m

Reactions
I performed a test today in order to test how long mavic can stay airborne with 4 batteries.

Started the first flight with 100% charge on ipad and on RC and 4 mavic batteries. On flight one, i mostly flew in p mode full throttle. On the remaining flights mavic was set to POI at 2 mph.

I utilized the 12 volt car charger as well as the wall charger. in this test,12 volt car charger was about 20 minutes faster than the standard wall charger.

Start time: 1200

End Time: 1329

battery percentage when landing: approximately 20%

flight 1: 22 min

flight 2: 23

flight3: 21

flight 4: 23 min

total flight time 89 minutes

temperature approximately 72 degrees.

end time....1329

Results:

2 batteries @ 20%

2 batteries @ 98% (approximately 6 minutes of charging left until full)

Ipad @ 30% RC @ 44%

Any math experts able to extrapolate how long Mavic could have continued to fly before all 4 batteries were depleted below 30%?

Wall charger took approximately 73 minutes to fully charge battery from 20% while the 12 volt charger took approximately 55 minutes.

Ipad could be swapped with another smart device....and RC can be charged while in operation.

How could it be possible that s mavicpro can flight with 4 batteries ? It s impossible to carry the weight of 4 batteries ..these are extra weights...cuz mavicpro designed to carry limited weights ...another question...how could be possible that is automatically linked to another battery in fly mode in air when one battery finished ?

How could it be possible that s mavicpro can flight with 4 batteries ? It s impossible to carry the weight of 4 batteries ..these are extra weights...cuz mavicpro designed to carry limited weights ...another question...how could be possible that is automatically linked to another battery in fly mode in air when one battery finished ?

OP did a poor job of explaining the expirement.

Mavic only flew with 1 battery at a time, but there were four batteries that were rotated between flying/charging.

The answer I was seeking is whether 4 batteries is enough to allow for continuous flight operations, with the only interruption landing to swap battery.

If your average flight time is 22 minutes and 1 minute to change the battery and you have 4 batteries, you need to be able to charge a drained battery to fully charged in 23 x 3 = 69 minutes. You said you were able to charge a battery in 55 minutes. Assuming you can charge 3 batteries at the same time, you would be able to fly indefinitely.
At 73 minutes charging time, you would need to allow 2 minutes to swap batteries to fly indefinitely. Otherwise you are losing a minute per flight, so you would get 26 flights with a total of 5 hrs and 12minutes from beginning to end of flying but the last flight would only be a minute long.?

Reactions: Lapeer20m
If your average flight time is 22 minutes and 1 minute to change the battery and you have 4 batteries, you need to be able to charge a drained battery to fully charged in 23 x 3 = 69 minutes. You said you were able to charge a battery in 55 minutes. Assuming you can charge 3 batteries at the same time, you would be able to fly indefinitely.
At 73 minutes charging time, you would need to allow 2 minutes to swap batteries to fly indefinitely. Otherwise you are losing a minute per flight, so you would get 26 flights with a total of 5 hrs and 12minutes from beginning to end of flying but the last flight would only be a minute long.?
I guess I will take your word for it. Not going to crosscheck you, My brain hurts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143