DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Testing distance for first time

Wirre

Reactions
After I feel more comfortable to fly my MA I tryed to see how far I can fly.
After about 2km I lost controll of it and lost picture. MA is programmed to «go home» if lost signal and after short time I get signal and MA was on a way home [emoji4]MA is also worked as it should.
My quistion is when I saw my recorded film I registrate when I lost signal MA had get lower altitude and camera went down to the ground. I think altitude wad about 10-15 meter. After few second MA go to my programmed high (30 meter) and went camera forward and then start to fly home.
I this a normal behaving of MA? Sorry for bad English

Last edited:
Depends what altitude you've set the rth as...

RTH was set to 30m, strange was camera went stright to the ground few second and then went forward again and start flying home. Maybe MA measure to get some status first.

Don't know about the camera, but 2kms is quite impressive. Yesterday, I started getting weak signal warnings at 630 meters.

Don't know about the camera, but 2kms is quite impressive. Yesterday, I started getting weak signal warnings at 630 meters.

Its depend witch mode you use. If you use CE mode you not get so long distance. In FCC Mode its better. I schould get longer than 2km in FCC mode but I’m satisfied anyway [emoji4]

About that, yes I am in CE mode since I am in Europe. For now, it is enough as I really have no where I can fly it more than a couple of hundred meters. But I will soon be traveling and was wondering if the Air will automatically switch to FCC when it detects it is no longer in Europe. Or will I have to trigger the witch myself through a GPS spoofing app?

Good question, realy don’t know if it switch automatically outside Europe. I am in Europe and switch manuell to FCC via app

I went out about 2K before signal started to get choppy. Was able to bring it about and head home without RTH function.

Never jused RTH function before, because I felt safe with short distance, so it was first time I tryed RTH and was happy to see it worked perfect[emoji106]

Did you try to maintain VLOS (Visual Line of Sight) during the 2km flight?

Friends, we should use RTH sometimes in safe places to make sure it would work perfectly when we needed it ... I learned it from a very experienced friend, I took it as a lesson to life with the drones ... good flights!

Reactions: Wirre
About that, yes I am in CE mode since I am in Europe. For now, it is enough as I really have no where I can fly it more than a couple of hundred meters. But I will soon be traveling and was wondering if the Air will automatically switch to FCC when it detects it is no longer in Europe. Or will I have to trigger the witch myself through a GPS spoofing app?

It should automatically prompt you on your phone/tablet when you start up in the new region.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143