DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Testing PolarPro Cinema Series Vivid ND Filters

Peter_Envy

Reactions
I just got the PolarPro Cinema Series - Vivid ND Filters and have to say they make a huge difference in the video quality that I've been getting so far. I've tried the original PolarPro's, Taco-RC, and now these and I think these are my favorites by far. Here is a quick video I shot this morning using the ND16 filter.

Please feel free to comment and/or subscribe, and I'll be sure to subscribe back.

Reactions: jamiemink
I have been thinking about buying the PolarPro Cinema Series - Vivid ND Filters, the negative reviews indicate that the filter has to be removed every time you power up the aircraft. I have 3 batteries so that means I would have to remove the filter every time i change batteries. How are your filters working out?.

On more question, what settings were you using in the camera?.

Reactions: kosta
the negative reviews indicate that the filter has to be removed every time you power up the aircraft
They shouldn't need to be removed if they are fully seated. That was an issue with the first version of the filters though.

I have been thinking about buying the PolarPro Cinema Series - Vivid ND Filters, the negative reviews indicate that the filter has to be removed every time you power up the aircraft. I have 3 batteries so that means I would have to remove the filter every time i change batteries. How are your filters working out?.

On more question, what settings were you using in the camera?.

The original PolarPro filters had to be removed every time you powered the aircraft down. The Cinema series can be left on just like the Taco-RC ones. I ordered directly from PolarPro, but looking at Amazon, it looks like they just took the old ones off and replaced with the new ones, but left the old reviews up.

As far as camera settings I had it set to auto, AWB, and True Color.

Thank you for watching.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

What msinger said...
I just got the new ones and they work fine without removing them for power up gimbal calibration.

By the Way, you are responsible for the Fakt that I bought this amazing Copter. Before I was using 3DR solo [emoji85]

I would like to hear your comments on why you like the PolarPro more than the Taco...Im getting ready to buy some but havent really seen any reviews comparing both

My biggest thing that I like is that the PolarPro is a ND filter and a Polarizer combined. I used to combine the two filters on my DSLR a while ago to get some great results, but I always had to choose on my Phantom and Mavic.

I still like the Taco filters. They do their job great, and I actually like the carrying case they come with better. But I just feel that the PolarPro give me more to play with.

I have a very hard time removing my PolarPro filters, I'm scared I'll break my camera. Sometimes it's easy most of time it's not, maybe it's because I'm old and fumblefisted.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have a very hard time removing my PolarPro filters, I'm scared I'll break my camera.
I agree. Most of the other filters are lined with foam on the inside. That makes them easier to put on and take off.

i got my cinema series in the mail last night and haven't had a chance to test them out. Question: how easy is it to spin the PL filters to get that right correction? I assume you have to spin once the gimbal is powered on so you can see the effect on your phone?

I played around with them in front of my computer monitor to find where the sweet spot was and then marked the bottom of the filter with a sharpie so that way I know that should be directly down.

Reactions: ___ and sneakypete
Do you guys think they are worth more than double the price compared to the original DJI filters?

I haven't had the chance to try the official filters, so I cannot speak of the value difference. However unless DJI also has a ND/ Polarizer combo I'll stick with the PolarPro Cinema series.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser