DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TEW MAC on B4UFly app

TechFocus

Reactions
Waiting on my mavic pro to arrive and scouting possible flying locations on North shore MA. Any one know why the B4UFly app has TEW MAC as an active airport still?

AFAIK Its condos and a golf course now.

Also what's the deal with notifying companies with helipads that you'll be flying in the area? Compaq Woburn is also in the vacinity.

b70d15cd84d7d8f7a6920dcbc6ec055e.jpg

You can expect very low-flying traffic around Heliports. So, even if you are flying at 400-ft or less, your sUAS may pose a hazard to helicopters in the Heliport's vicinity.

That being said, the updates for Heliports appear to be woefully out of date. Perhaps this is because the update may come from the Heliport owner instead of the FAA? There is a Heliport near me that has been out of business for at least 7-10 years, yet it still shows in B4UFly. The only way I could confirm this was to phone the Heliport at its listed number and then talk to a contact at my local Class Delta tower.

If you have made friends with a local airport tower, you can check with them. They are usually very busy so an email is the best way to reach them. If they are VERY busy, you may not hear back from them at all. Understand, however, that if they respond, they will offer only their best anecdotal info and are not in a position to provide an "official" Heliport status.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest