DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Texas Pilot crashes drone into the world trade Center

Definitely an outside job. What a doofus.

I wonder how strong of a wag of a finger he's gonna get :rolleyes:
According to a report on New York Daily News, 22-year-old Texan Adam Ismail — who describes himself as a videographer, investor, and financial trader from the Dallas area

How much you guys wanna bet this guy's one of these crypto/wallstreetbets bros and not a real investor? What is it with those guys being like this? Every. Single. Time.

“I was making a personal travel video to show my followers on social media,” he said. “I post on Instagram. I need to make my YouTube pop off,” he told New York Daily News.
“Now I’ve got a great New York story,” he said. “Everybody was a good sport. I didn’t give the cops a hard time, and they didn’t give me a hard time. They just had to check that I was doing what I said I was doing.”

All for internet clout.

Last edited:
How does someone do that? "Oh, I have a great Idea, I think I'll fly near the world trade center. I'm sure It's legal.", says the guy being given a court date by the NYPD.
Then the guy somehow wedges the drone into the building and he would have to pay for a crane to get his drone down

This guy is 22 years old, so he was about three years old when the aerial attacks were carried out against the original World Trade Center. I hope someone educates him on those events and he realizes the magnitude of his mistakes. Maybe he'll shed that silly smirk.

Here's a Forbes article with some reaction to this incident.

He was so nonchalant about it. Here's what I did, it's stuck in there. It'll be 6-figure price to do that. Too much for $1.200 drone. "I'll guess I'll just get another one."

Ummmm... not after all the fees you're going to pay. DUH!!!!!

I am curious. So in that area there was a TFR how did his DJI drone take off without any type of restrictions?
There is no TFR covering that location and, even if there were, it would only be a DJI Geo authorization zone. You can self-authorize and fly in those zones with a verified account.

IMG_9B7BA0A867DD-1.jpeg

This guy is 22 years old, so he was about three years old when the aerial attacks were carried out against the original World Trade Center. I hope someone educates him on those events and he realizes the magnitude of his mistakes. Maybe he'll shed that silly smirk.

The key here, is he is 22 years old. Now I can understand why he was there flying a drone, but I still can't figure out how he crashed.

I am curious. So in that area there was a TFR how did his DJI drone take off without any type of restrictions?
TFrs aren’t really enacted much anymore because they sure are not in my area where they used to be

Ugggg that reporter took a lot of "Freedom" in his writing there. He's obviously very Anti-Drone and obviously clueless about the topic. That's gonna get some people stirred up in the "Let's stop all drones" camp!!

That guy is definitely Anti-Drone.... check out his signature:

Follow me on Twitter. Check out my website or some of my other work here.
David Hambling
Follow

Author of 'Swarm Troopers: How small drones will conquer the world,' following cutting-edge military technology in general and unmanned systems in particular. New science

Read More

Looks like an over-blown situation. Over-hyped by the thousands of government drone haters. Even though Hobbyist created the drone we know today, they are being locked out of their own hobby by thousands of "so-called legal" guys flying BS commercials, news and weather with a long-range plan to lock out hobbyist from their own creation.

Just a year ago there was hundreds of videos flying all over downtown's around the nation and no one cared! Even if this was legal, I've been telling guys for decades, there is far too much "RF Interference" in these Metropolitian areas to fly any drone.

Stay Safe - Mike

He was so nonchalant about it. Here's what I did, it's stuck in there. It'll be 6-figure price to do that. Too much for $1.200 drone. "I'll guess I'll just get another one."

Ummmm... not after all the fees you're going to pay. DUH!!!!!
But he got his 60 seconds of FAME. That was what he wanted. It's these types that hurt the rest of us. But as the ol' saying goes - "You can't fix stupid!"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu