DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thailand

LFC

Reactions
May i ask if we need to register are drone to fly in Thailand as I have a dji spark,and was thinking of taking it

I am going out to Thailand in the next two week and I just want to know if I need to register my drone as I think it may be a little late

Hi;I had exactly same issue;officially you need to register with 2 different agencies;I contacted one of them 2 months prior to leaving;still waiting;other you can walk into off the street and present paperwork;;;,I did some research and concensus was use common sense;don’t go flying in sensitive areas;Bangkok;;religious buildings;over people on the beach etc etc;I had no problems and flew mine several times without any issues;just be vigilant and inconspicuous-happy flying

I don't know about the latest drone laws (2020) but last I was in Thailand I applied for insurance and a permit with a company and it was a very easy process which costed me around 150eur and I had the piece of mind flying legally (ofc still check out the laws and make sure to follow). Personally I wouldn't risk flying without permissions...

Hi, if you plane to come in Thailand and fly your can read this article I wrote on how registering your drone in Thailand: Can I fly my drone in Thailand?
To make it short it is very complicated to register your drone from abroad (impossible as an individual), plus you need a local address and proof of residency, which is complicated to get when you don't actually leave here.
If you have any questions you can contact me.
Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60