DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me resolve this issue. Lagging ipad mini question: Can you revert to an older DJI Fly version to resolve it?

CarltonNYC

Reactions
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me resolve this issue. Lagging ipad mini question: Can you revert to an older DJI Fly version to resolve an issue that only started after the newest update?

If running Apple, you can scan the QR code for an older version.

This is from DJI's download center.

More likely poor WiFi connection or overloaded iPad with too many open ads/not enough internal space.

Also, its the particular iPad model on DJI's approved device list?

If you scan the QR Code from the DJI website on an IOS device, your going to go straight to the App Store to download version 1.4.8.. There is no way to revert to a previous version.

There are perhaps some utilities that if you had them, would have backed up previous versions if you had done that, and might have re-installed them, but not sure how well they work and you'd have to have had already done this, and they are not free.

You did not mention iPad model , you may have an older iPad, that may not longer have the power needed to effectively run Fly, check Settings->General->About for model. If you have an iPad 5 should run it just fine, however if you have that model, and still have issues, you may need to do some cleanup, check free space. Perhaps try a clean install of Fly, or do a clean install of IOS on the iPad and install Fly and see how it runs.

Reactions: MA2 317
Is there not a setting on the app for the Mini that allows you to select the resolution of the imagery sent from the drone to the controller. I was seeing some lag on my Air 2S until I selected the lower resolution. I didn't notice any significant reduction in the display on the screen; it's still exceptionally sharp.

Thanks to all the people that chimed in with their help. It was very informative and the consensus is to buy an Ipad 5 to resolve the issue of lagging and reception. I bought and Ipad 5 and now it's working flawlessly. It was money I didn't expect to pay but that's the cost associated with flying, This is not for the faint of heart, OR pocket.
THANKS!!!

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent