DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

That wonderful digital camera snap shot sound on my mavic pro

MRS

Reactions
How come that sound does not occur on every photograph I take on my mavic pro?

[ That sound is actually replicating an older analog camera, not a digital one, but I digress ... ]

It doesn't always play for me either. Sometimes you won't hear it when you are switching from Video to Photo by pressing the shutter release, at least for the first shot, but will hear it on the second shot. Just take two at times like that to be sure. The answer here is to switch from Video to Photo via the on-screen icon first before taking the photo, rather than making the switch via the shutter button.

I have once or twice experienced it going away for that flight. I'm not sure why that happened, but that could also be something to do with your device (phone / tablet) and not the aircraft / controller.

Chris

Reactions: mereflyer
How come that sound does not occur on every photograph I take on my mavic pro?

With my MPP this occurs about 50% of the time if using the shutter release button on top of the controller. The picture takes, just no sound.
When using the on-screen shutter release it sounds 100% of the time.
I didn’t know others had the same issue. Good to know since it’s probably not a problem with my controller but most likely a software issue.

Bad software programming. Seems like the omission is triggered when other things are activated, such as switching from video to photo, etc.

Bad software programming. Seems like the omission is triggered when other things are activated, such as switching from video to photo, etc.

It is exactly that when it happens to me most, being in video and pressing the shutter release. However, I'm never confident that it actually took that shot without sound and usually just take it again. I suppose I should do some testing.

It is exactly that when it happens to me most, being in video and pressing the shutter release. However, I'm never confident that it actually took that shot without sound and usually just take it again. I suppose I should do some testing.
There was also a "problem" (I say that as there is really no reason for the change) when switching from video to photo or the other way around. How it was in the past, when you clicked on the opposite button, it changed _and_ took that action. Perhaps DJI has corrected this but how the Pro did it, is it simply changed to that setting and did not either start the video or take a photo. Both starting a video/photo or just changing to that mode has some merits but it comes down to the question as to why the user would only want to change to that mode if not to use it right away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143