DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Air 2s in no way should be compared to the Mini 3 Pro. The Air 2s is a far superior aircraft.

crash3x

Reactions
I see/read a lot of forums where people are comparing the Air 2s to the Mini 3 Pro and calling them almost equal or the Mini 3 Pro better?? I own both, have extensive hours on both and the Air 2s is by far the superior aircraft, hands down. And yes the RC Pro is also far superior than the DJI RC, can't even put them in the same category. As mention I own both aircraft and both the RC Pro and the DJI RC.
I was out flying them both today and it's like night & day, a toy vs the real thing, I like the Mini 3 Pro for what it is but can't imagine how people classify them as almost equal. Especially the YouTubers that are very persuasive to "new" items to get hits to capitalize off the average person. The Air 2s with the RC Pro, even with the RC N1 is a legitimate solid workhorse of an aircraft that is feature packed and in my opinion will be around and last for years to come. The Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC is a great package, great little travel or feature packed beginner aircraft but holds no comparison to The Air 2s w/RC Pro.

Am I wrong? Thoughts?

@crash3x ,the whole idea of a forum like this ,is for people to give their opinions,as you have just done ,about their thoughts on a particular topic
this is a world wide forum and therefore ,there are going to be many differing opinions about the drones that people are flying, actually comparing drones from different size and weight categories ,is always going to create differences of opinion, and at the end of the day ,its really a pointless exercise, because each one brings something different to the table, with regards to cost ,performance,and what the intended use of the purchaser is going to be

I see/read a lot of forums where people are comparing the Air 2s to the Mini 3 Pro and calling them almost equal or the Mini 3 Pro better?? I own both, have extensive hours on both and the Air 2s is by far the superior aircraft, hands down. And yes the RC Pro is also far superior than the DJI RC, can't even put them in the same category. As mention I own both aircraft and both the RC Pro and the DJI RC.
I was out flying them both today and it's like night & day, a toy vs the real thing, I like the Mini 3 Pro for what it is but can't imagine how people classify them as almost equal. Especially the YouTubers that are very persuasive to "new" items to get hits to capitalize off the average person. The Air 2s with the RC Pro, even with the RC N1 is a legitimate solid workhorse of an aircraft that is feature packed and in my opinion will be around and last for years to come. The Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC is a great package, great little travel or feature packed beginner aircraft but holds no comparison to The Air 2s w/RC Pro.

Am I wrong? Thoughts?
Don't own the Mini 3 but I trust you to know better. I own an Air2S and an Air2 and it is night and day. Shooting just in Auto Mode with the Air2S is fantastic.

I am thinking of getting a < 250 g drone for travel to the USA and Europe and I am thinking Mini 2 because I think that the Mini 3 is redundant having the Air2S. The 4K capability of the Mini 2 is sufficient for recreation and vacation.

Am I wrong? Thoughts?

Most of the "almost equal" comments I've seen relate only to the photo and video output, not the aircraft themselves.

I'm flying both an Air 2S and a Mini 3. I agree that the photo and video are comparable between the two. Beyond that, they're just very different aircraft, each with their specific strengths and weaknesses.

I do think that the Mini 3 is a very good alternative to the Air 2S for someone shopping for a step up from the Minis.

Reactions: careless and BarbT
@crash3x ,the whole idea of a forum like this ,is for people to give their opinions,as you have just done ,about their thoughts on a particular topic
this is a world wide forum and therefore ,there are going to be many differing opinions about the drones that people are flying, actually comparing drones from different size and weight categories ,is always going to create differences of opinion, and at the end of the day ,its really a pointless exercise, because each one brings something different to the table, with regards to cost ,performance,and what the intended use of the purchaser is going to be
I totally agree and as you so well put it; this is a world wide forum for people to voice there opinions, and that is just what I am doing so I’m a little confused with your response. Your contradicting yourself, so others can voice there opinion but I, who created this thread, cannot voice my opinion? This thread is not knocking what people can afford or what weight class they can fly in there country. Maybe re-read my post? Why is it pointless for “me” to exercise my opinion & thoughts? And “ok” for everyone else? You’re own words were “whole idea of a forum like this ,is for people to give their opinions” As I did so again I’m confuse by your response. Ok for others, not ok for me?

Last edited:
Don't own the Mini 3 but I trust you to know better. I own an Air2S and an Air2 and it is night and day. Shooting just in Auto Mode with the Air2S is fantastic.

I am thinking of getting a < 250 g drone for travel to the USA and Europe and I am thinking Mini 2 because I think that the Mini 3 is redundant having the Air2S. The 4K capability of the Mini 2 is sufficient for recreation and vacation.
Redundant, agreed. The mini 2 is a great vacation drone, in some ways I liked it better than my Mini 3, and key as you put it, sub 250 = less issues while traveling.

@crash3x ,the pointless exercise ,is about trying to compare drones of differing capabilities ,with each other, and for a lot of people cost ,and the ability to be able to fly their drone ,with less restrictions does play a big part in which drone they choose to purchase
i never said at any point ,that you could not voice your opinion

Reactions: Amit Dunsky
It really is pretty simple to compare them. The photo and video quality is very similar. The flight characteristics of the Air2S are superior because of size and weight. The Mini3 is more portable and easier to travel with and has better flight time using the extended battery pack. Thats really it in a nutshell. I would still take the Mini 3 over the Air2S personally, but they are both great drones.

I totally agree and as you so well put it; this is a word wide forum for people to voice there opinions, and that is just what I am doing so I’m a little confused with your response. Your contradicting yourself, so others can voice there opinion but I, who created this thread, cannot voice my opinion? This thread is not knocking what people can afford or what weight class they can fly in there country. Maybe re-read my post? Why is it pointless for “me” to exercise my opinion & thoughts? And “ok” for everyone else? You’re own words were “whole idea of a forum like this ,is for people to give their opinions” As I did so again I’m confuse by your response. Ok for others, not ok for me?
Wow. Really? You read things in @old man mavic's post that I just don't see.

I own the Mavic 3, Air 2S and the Mini 3 Pro and fly about three days a week, I’m retired. The best of the three is the Mavic 3 with the RC Pro controller as its in a league of its own. The Air 2S is probably one of the best DJI drones available on the market today. The only thing that I don’t like about the Air 2S is the battery life. The Air 2S flies like a pro drone and can do pretty much do anything you want to do with it and produces good video and photos. I purchased the Mini 3 Pro+ just for its size/portability. It’s failing is loss of signal especially when faced with obstacles. When I’m flying the Mini 3 Pro, I feel like I’m flying a toy drone. It’s a good little drone but has limitations. The RC controller is not much better than using your phone, I find myself looking for a shaded area to have a good view of the screen. If I had a limited budget, I would buy the Air 2S even if it was a used one in good condition.

@crash3x ,the pointless exercise ,is about trying to compare drones of differing capabilities ,with each other, and for a lot of people cost ,and the ability to be able to fly their drone ,with less restrictions does play a big part in which drone they choose to purchase
i never said at any point ,that you could not voice your opinion
My point is, I’m not comparing, my post wasn’t comparing, I was stating my personal opinion, and also that I read and see a lot online about people comparing the two aircraft as equals and that is far from true, and yes pilots obviously choose different aircraft for different reasons, as do I. That’s all, it’s not that serious. & thank your for opinion.

Reactions: old man mavic
I own the Mavic 3, Air 2S and the Mini 3 Pro and fly about three days a week, I’m retired. The best of the three is the Mavic 3 with the RC Pro controller as its in a league of its own. The Air 2S is probably one of the best DJI drones available on the market today. The only thing that I don’t like about the Air 2S is the battery life. The Air 2S flies like a pro drone and can do pretty much do anything you want to do with it and produces good video and photos. I purchased the Mini 3 Pro+ just for its size/portability. It’s failing is loss of signal especially when faced with obstacles. When I’m flying the Mini 3 Pro, I feel like I’m flying a toy drone. It’s a good little drone but has limitations. The RC controller is not much better than using your phone, I find myself looking for a shaded area to have a good view of the screen. If I had a limited budget, I would buy the Air 2S even if it was a used one in good condition.
Very well put & factual, thank you for your input. I don’t have the funds for the Mavic 3 yet but it’ll be added to my collection in the near future.

Reactions: rp6
I own both as well and couldn't agree more! My only complaint with the Air2s is the lack of zoom for still pictures, if it wasn't for that it would be the perfect drone for me.

I don't own an Air2s, but do have a Mavic 2 Pro as well as (still) a Mini 2 and a new Mini 3 w DJI RC. I can tell you straight away that the RCN1 controller is nowhere as good as that which somes with the Mavic 2 (don't know the model number), except the RCN1 has Occusync 2.0. So far I haven't seen a whole of (any?) advantage of OC 2.0. The RCN1 is missing C1/C2 buttons, a 5D button, second scroll wheel, missing separate video/photo trigger buttons and any display whatsoever. The RC Pro gives back the features plus a nice bright screen... for a measely $1200. Interestingly that the new flagship Mavic 3 comes with that same RCN1 controller- the same as with the Mini 2... unless you want to pay up.

And a Mavic 3 with that same dumbed-down RCN1 controller for $2800 with the FMC?

I'm actually pretty impressed with the Mini 3 for what it is. The DJI RC controller and the Mini 3, for whatever reason flies demonstrably smoother than the Mini 2 and the RCN1. For that alone, it was worth the upgrade from the Mini 2. I can't speak for the smoothness of any other drones with the RCN1. I just find that this controller has "dead spots" and no mattter how I adjust the speed, smoothness and response curves in the software I can't get the same smoothness as the DJI RC/Mini3 out of the box. II would believe that the RC Pro is smoother yet and gives back the control that were on the Mavic 2's standard controller. And while I'm sure that the Air2s is an incredible workhorse, the one thing that none of the other drones have until you get to the Mavic 3 is variable aperture. If I HAVE to upgrade or replace my M2Pro I'd probably find myself with an Autel, just for that feature unless DJI can somehow package the M3 and RC Pro into a much more reasonably prices package. Personally I think even attempting to include the RCN1 with the Mavic 3 is outrageous when we know they could produce a much better standard controller and include it in the price. JMO

Am I wrong? Thoughts?
I have both the Air 2 S and the Mini 3 Pro.
I agree with you.The Mini 3 is fun but does not compare to the Air 2 s
The Air 2S is much more stable esp when windy and the images incl the video are fantastic.I bought the Mini 3 as a back up and when traveling.It is also fantastic but my go to drone is the Air2 s

I bought both the Air 2s and Mini 3 in the same week and find myself reaching for the Mini almost all the time. I thought the Air 2s would be better in low-light or at night time but it's not. I've done lots of testing at night and the Mini 3 is the hands down winner. Brighter and cleaner. It even bests my Autel EVO Lite+. The flight time is WAYYY better with the Mini Plus battery, giving me at least 50% more flight time. Wind resistance is equal and I love how quiet it is. Air 2s has far superior zoom capabilities and that is it's best feature.

I like your thinking. I’m a retired professional photographer. I have Mini 2 and Air 2 S. I still use the Mini 2 almost daily….great little drone. It’s had many crashes as I live in mountainous forested country. She’s still eager to fly and her photographic results are amazing. I edit most of my work and am more than happy. I bought the Air 2 S because I’ve always had the best DSLRs and wanted quality. Could not afford the top line, but to be honest I’d have wasted my money . The results of the Air 2 S are astounding and I couldn’t want for more…….

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000