DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Amalfi coast, Italy, from a Mavic Mini

Korrd

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
While on an Europe tour, I managed to snatch some video with my mini. Here you can see the result. Note that as I am still learning the ropes on this, the video is far from professional-grade.

Vic

Amazing! The video looks professional grade to me! Did you shoot the video in Italy before the COVID-19 lockdown?

Thanks!

Yes, during January. Right before it all started.

What you see there are the few minutes of footage I considered good enough out of four mini batteries worth of it.

Vic

Reactions: PBDawg
Great video I traveled along the coast road last year didn't have drone then think flying my mm is a lot easier than driving along the coast road

Interesting video. I enjoyed it very much. Well edited and smooth flying. There are only one or two clips I would have slightly shortened. Keep up the good work. It really shows the capability of the MM. I would be proud to have created that one myself. ??

Reactions: Korrd
While on an Europe tour, I managed to snatch some video with my mini. Here you can see the result. Note that as I am still learning the ropes on this, the video is far from professional-grade.

Vic
Hi,
Really nice footage, I enjoyed watching it. I was there on the Amalfi Coast myself last year. Tell me, what camera set up’s did you use?

Hi,
Really nice footage, I enjoyed watching it. I was there on the Amalfi Coast myself last year. Tell me, what camera set up’s did you use?
Since I didn't know anything about aerial videomaking back then, and also the mavic mini didn't yet have manual camera settings, I did it all on auto.

NOTE: In order to make the footage good enough for publication, I spent two months learning how to edit video from scratch, then some more time editing it all into something that would look pleasurable. It was quite frustrating, but I did learn a lot from it and I am looking forward to do more of these once the lockdown is over.

Reactions: miniflyer
Since I didn't know anything about aerial videomaking back then, and also the mavic mini didn't yet have manual camera settings, I did it all on auto.

NOTE: In order to make the footage good enough for publication, I spent two months learning how to edit video from scratch, then some more time editing it all into something that would look pleasurable. It was quite frustrating, but I did learn a lot from it and I am looking forward to do more of these once the lockdown is over.
[/QUOTE

Have a shot at shooting some footage flying backwards, revealing everything in it’s path as you go. You could see some of what I mean by playing this beautiful footage back in reverse.
keep up the good work and keep on posting what your doing. Well done.

What a good job you made of the video, could you tell me what the wind speed was on that day because you always get wind be side the sea. Any way well done.

Since the footage was recorded during a span of three days, I will share both the best and the worst conditions during that span, here:

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 14.21.21.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 14.21.32.png

During the first day (which was also the windiest one), I got caught by light rain. Still, I kept on flying as it was light enough not to matter.

The wind was low enough as not to matter as long as I kept in mind direction, distance, battery, relative position and altitude. While shooting on Poseidon's Temple (Cape Sounio, Greece) a few days later, winds were coming from the sea at roughly 35 km/h with gusts of 48 km/h, and it was pretty much stable despite being overspec. Since it was coming from the sea and I was recording over the sea, I didn't care as any flyaway would have brought it back to me and I could have just landed close to my home point then just retrieve it without much of a hassle.

Last edited:
Reactions: pescobar61
Beautiful! The Amalfi coast certainly is spectacular.

We toured through there in 2013 and I brought along my Phantom-1. It carried a GoPro Hero3 on a Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal. No yaw stabilization unfortunately. It's amazing how far the technology has progressed in a few short years to, in comparison, have produced something as capable as the Mavic Mini.

This is Nocelle, high above Positano.

Excellent video.
Yeah. It seems technology in this particular field is advancing rapidly, due to high demand for such products.

I remember that place! I walked through there when I was touring and videoing!
I now feel the urge to go back to Italy.

Reactions: Zbip57
Fantastic video! Location: MINDBLOWING!!! Flying: Excellent even the length of your edited video is good. Keep sharing brother. I'll watch every time.

Thanks a lot :)

Can't wait for two things to happen:

- Lockdown is over & travel restrictions lifted
- My mavic air 2 arrives, so I can fly in harsher winds

I love the mini, but given that winter here is somewhat windy, I cannot go out as much as I'd like to due to risk of losing my bird (and believe me, I accept the risk that I can lose it, so I fly it to its limit anyways).
Can't complain about other stuff though, as you can get really good footage out of this drone if you fiddle with it long enough, then do some postproc magics after the fact.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929