DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Batman Of Drones

Billyboy72

Reactions
Anyone whos been on this forum for a while has either needed or read about someone else needing @sar104. Without ever being in these locations where we all fly he's somehow able to always figure out where lost drones are all over the world. Whether it be by calculating the winds speed & direction it was blowing along with the height of the drone and direction it was facing, then adding in what the pilot was actually doing with the controller at the time he's been able to pin point down top a few yards where to look for the lost drone by placing a big ole X on a map. Then almost like magic thats exactly where its usually found. Other questions I've seen have been "I did everything right so why did my drone fall from the sky?" Again here comes the magic with breaking everything down to the millisecond of that flight to come up with, it threw a prop or was hit by a birdstrike, Mars lined up with Jupiter that day causing a disturbance in the earth's gravitational field. Nothing short of INCREDIBLE! I know everyone out here is very thankful for you @sar104. I hope and pray to never need him but at the same time its nice to know he's there just incase I ever have to turn on that Bat signal.

Last edited:
I agree 100%
There seems to be about 4 or 5 that burn up there time helping out others with the lost drone problems .
This small group of people is what makes this forum great .
And the ability to be able to break everything down to the slightest movement of one of or both the sticks on the controller or a glitch in the birds software.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
I see him on so many threads he is everyones goto and never asks for anything in return. Just a genuine guy whos out to help. Thats rare trait to have these days unfortunately.

Reactions: pvs
Anyone whos been on this forum for a while has either needed or read about someone else needing @sar104. Without ever being in these locations where we all fly he's somehow able to always figure out where lost drones are all over the world. Whether it be by calculating the winds speed & direction it was blowing along with the height of the drone and direction it was facing, then adding in what the pilot was actually doing with the controller at the time he's been able to pin point down top a few yards where to look for the lost drone by placing a big ole X on a map. Then almost like magic thats exactly where its usually found. Other questions I've seen have been "I did everything right so why did my drone fall from the sky?" Again here comes the magic with breaking everything down to the millisecond of that flight to come up with, it threw a prop or was hit by a birdstrike, Mars lined up with Jupiter that day causing a disturbance in the earth's gravitational field. Nothing short of INCREDIBLE! I know everyone out here is very thankful for you @sar104. I hope and pray to never need him but at the same time its nice to know he's there just incase I ever have to turn on that Bat signal.

Thanks for the kind words but you shouldn't single me out here. There are several forum members who do log analysis, and we should be especially grateful to @BudWalker, not just for his analysis skills but also for his DatCon software, without which I would not be able to read DAT files, and to @ferraript, whose software allows us to read the txt logs.

Thanks for the kind words but you shouldn't single me out here. There are several forum members who do log analysis, and we should be especially grateful to @BudWalker, not just for his analysis skills but also for his DatCon software, without which I would not be able to read DAT files, and to @ferraript, whose software allows us to read the txt logs.
Absolutely I just hadn't known too much about them but youre absolutely right. All of you are very appreciated. All of you who use your own time to help all of us out here in this amazing yet sometimes a bit frustrating new world fall under this heading. Someday I hope at least one of us can do something to return the favor.

I always bend a knee and bow my head to those guys, they are like super heroes in our own midst. I am always blown away at their ability to tell us exactly what happened and why. NTSB should be so lucky to have them! We ALL appreciate you guys and your selfless volunteering of help and expertise, just want you guys to know that, from all of us.

I always bend a knee and bow my head to those guys, they are like super heroes in our own midst. I am always blown away at their ability to tell us exactly what happened and why. NTSB should be so lucky to have them! We ALL appreciate you guys and your selfless volunteering of help and expertise, just want you guys to know that, from all of us.
Well said!! Very well said in deed.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder