DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Beautiful Fall of New England! (Mavic 2 Pro)

mysticgnarwhal

Reactions
Hey Fellow Pilots!

I finally finished up the video from my wife and I's road trip from Ohio to New England this past fall.

This is the first trip we took where I used the Mavic 2 Pro and I think I got some spectacular shots!

*not all shots are with drone - I also used GoPro and Sony A7R II

I'd appreciate it very much if you'd take a look and let me know what you think! Thank you!

Loved it! Superb editing. My only dissatisfaction (if I can call it that) is you cut a lot of scenes too short. You didn't let me savor some of the scenes, but that is me talking as an audience. You have done a brilliant job putting this together. Thank you for sharing!

Edit: Did I mention the closeups? They were marvelous! All of them including the Hunter boots. And that bird, where did it learn modeling?

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved it! Superb editing. My only dissatisfaction (if I can call it that) is you cut a lot of scenes too short. You didn't let me savor some of the scenes, but that is me talking as an audience. You have done a brilliant job putting this together. Thank you for sharing!

Edit: Did I mention the closeups? They were marvelous! All of them including the Hunter boots. And that bird, where did it learn modeling?
Thank you very much! Yeah I know what you're saying and I thought that too, but I had so many clips that I tried to narrow down to make the cut into the video!

I sincerely appreciate all the kind words - and no kidding about that bird! I couldn't believe it was sitting so still haha!

Hey Fellow Pilots!

I finally finished up the video from my wife and I's road trip from Ohio to New England this past fall.

This is the first trip we took where I used the Mavic 2 Pro and I think I got some spectacular shots!

*not all shots are with drone - I also used GoPro and Sony A7R II

I'd appreciate it very much if you'd take a look and let me know what you think! Thank you!

Nice! I can only imagine how much time you spent shooting and editing, but the end result was fantastic. It’s funny, I’m thinking about how much we all love to share vacation pictures and videos with our family and friends. Yawn! But what you did here will keep the attention and fascination of most that view it. Great tie to the musical score as well!

I agree with everyone, this is really good work. Being a musician I would have given credit to artist of the song at the end which I enjoyed also. A lot of people use free royalty music for their video and is ok, but in this case mentioning the artist is the least you can do.Sorry I don,t want to make a big thing out of it.

I really like the cut scenes of outside and inside the car. I agree some scenes switched to quickly or shortly.
Otherwise really liked it.

Let me see , Cadillac Mtn at sunrise oh maybe set LOL , Arcadia, Bass Harbor, Laconia NH, Cathedral Ledges ,Conway NH. Boston Common . I'll have to watch this many times ,like its been mentioned you skip to fast thru the scenes , But I bet I can name many more. I didn't see Mt Washington but it might be there , or Weirs Beach. Great Vidieo makes me want to go home LOL

Last edited:
I agree with everyone, this is really good work. Being a musician I would have given credit to artist of the song at the end which I enjoyed also. A lot of people use free royalty music for their video and is ok, but in this case mentioning the artist is the least you can do.Sorry I don,t want to make a big thing out of it.

Nah I agree with you I probably should have. I guess the reason I don't use royalty free music is because my videos never get popular enough to monetize and when we're on the trip driving we have a song that might stick out and kind of plan the video to a certain song. I meant to put it in the description but I didn't - I will. Either way I appreciate you watching it!

I really like the cut scenes of outside and inside the car. I agree some scenes switched to quickly or shortly.
Otherwise really liked it.
I appreciate it! Yes lol I will make sure I make note of that on my next video to let these shots go a bit longer! I appreciate the feedback!

Let me see , Cadillac Mtn at sunrise oh maybe set LOL , Arcadia, Bass Harbor, Laconia NH, Cathedral Ledges ,Conway NH. Boston Common . I'll have to watch this many times ,like its been mentioned you skip to fast thru the scenes , But I bet I can name many more. I didn't see Mt Washington but it might be there , or Weirs Beach. Great Vidieo makes me want to go home LOL
Yep you are correct on both! We did a sunset and also a sunrise on Cadillac Mtn! Gosh I wanted to do Mount Washington very bad we were actually pulling up to it and the gate was closed! It was very windy and snowing up there so they shut down the road. I was very bummed, but I hope to do it some day for sure! That's awesome that's where you're from - it's a beautiful part of the country

Yep you are correct on both! We did a sunset and also a sunrise on Cadillac Mtn! Gosh I wanted to do Mount Washington very bad we were actually pulling up to it and the gate was closed! It was very windy and snowing up there so they shut down the road. I was very bummed, but I hope to do it some day for sure! That's awesome that's where you're from - it's a beautiful part of the country
Yep lived in NH most of my life and toured on my MC every chance I got , still do all over, NH, ME, VT a little in Ma , and most of the USA also.

Some people can take great footage. While others can Color Grade like a master. Some people can perform outstanding edits. Other people can weave a compelling story. Some others can choose a piece of music to underscore the narrative.

You sir are the complete package!

If I get to 75 % of your talents and skills I will consider myself satisfied!

I know how much time goes into all of the facets of a well crafted piece of content. Everything from storyline, structuring the shots, deciding what to include and what ends up on the cutting room floor, and on and on...

This must be a labor of love and it shows!

I have seen less well crafted Television Commercials. Actually quite a few!

I have taken some queues from your creative style and hope to learn thier place in my future creations.

Reactions: mysticgnarwhal
Some people can take great footage. While others can Color Grade like a master. Some people can perform outstanding edits. Other people can weave a compelling story. Some others can choose a piece of music to underscore the narrative.

You sir are the complete package!

If I get to 75 % of your talents and skills I will consider myself satisfied!

I know how much time goes into all of the facets of a well crafted piece of content. Everything from storyline, structuring the shots, deciding what to include and what ends up on the cutting room floor, and on and on...

This must be a labor of love and it shows!

I have seen less well crafted Television Commercials. Actually quite a few!

I have taken some queues from your creative style and hope to learn thier place in my future creations.
Wow thank you very much! I sincerely appreciate all of that! Yeah it's been something I've been working on for the past few years...you can see my early videos on my youtube aren't as good lol - but again Thank you! That made my day!

Reactions: BD0G

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty