DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s The Beautiful Village of Coverack, Cornwall, at Low Tide

@Jeremy Clark another great video of Cornwall's beautiful scenery

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
Very nice video and camera work. Were most of the clips shot by manual flying and gimbal movement or some type of autonomous method (e.g. Quick Shots or Master Shots)? Nonetheless I liked the film and have always wanted to visit Cornwall after working for a Cornish mining engineer!

Very nice video and camera work. Were most of the clips shot by manual flying and gimbal movement or some type of autonomous method (e.g. Quick Shots or Master Shots)? Nonetheless I liked the film and have always wanted to visit Cornwall after working for a Cornish mining engineer!
Thanks for the kind words. Mostly was manual flying. The circle around the boat was using POI to get a smooth circle but still control distances and height. I’ve never used Master Shots and haven’t used Quick Shots for a while 😀

Thanks for the kind words. Mostly was manual flying. The circle around the boat was using POI to get a smooth circle but still control distances and height. I’ve never used Master Shots and haven’t used Quick Shots for a while 😀
Good stick and camera work! I still haven't gotten around to using POI methods with my M2P as I'm still trying to hone my stick and gimbal skills. Cheers!

Good stick and camera work! I still haven't gotten around to using POI methods with my M2P as I'm still trying to hone my stick and gimbal skills. Cheers!
I really like POI. You can fix the target, set the direction & speed of the drone's circle, but still manually alter the distance & height of the drone while it circles.

My latest clip was filmed at the request of a friend, returning to the beautiful village of Coverack, on the Cornish south coast, this time, with the tide out. I hope you enjoy it 😃. Filmed with Air 2S & Mini 2

Another beauty! So lovely to watch these.

Dale

Well done again. This post has brought out some really helpful pointers to those like me who are still, after three years, a little nervous of trying things out. Must be more adventurous!!

Well done again. This post has brought out some really helpful pointers to those like me who are still, after three years, a little nervous of trying things out. Must be more adventurous!!
I’ve been flying less time than you, just over 2 years. Tbh, I feel safer flying by the cliffs and sea….less trees and buildings. I’ve only ever had 2 mishaps. The first was circling a windmill doing a “quick shot” and managed to fly sideways into a tall clump of trees. Although I had full VLOS, my distance perception was out, and the avoidance sensors don’t pick up obstacles while flying sideways. The 2nd time, I was filming breaking waves in slomo and got too close and the spray hit the drone. Loads of error messages flagged up and the drone immediately did a Return To Home, but the camera and gimbal electrics were fried. Both times, Coverdrone Insurance were brilliant and I received replacements. For the cost of insurance vs the cost of the drones, I think it’s definitely worthwhile plus gives a bit more peace of mind when going for more adventurous shots. My biggest fears are when I fly through rocky cliff canyons with the sea below, which you can see in some of the other videos on my YouTube channel. Keep pushing it though, it’s so worth it 👍👍

I’ve been flying less time than you, just over 2 years. Tbh, I feel safer flying by the cliffs and sea….less trees and buildings. I’ve only ever had 2 mishaps. The first was circling a windmill doing a “quick shot” and managed to fly sideways into a tall clump of trees. Although I had full VLOS, my distance perception was out, and the avoidance sensors don’t pick up obstacles while flying sideways. The 2nd time, I was filming breaking waves in slomo and got too close and the spray hit the drone. Loads of error messages flagged up and the drone immediately did a Return To Home, but the camera and gimbal electrics were fried. Both times, Coverdrone Insurance were brilliant and I received replacements. For the cost of insurance vs the cost of the drones, I think it’s definitely worthwhile plus gives a bit more peace of mind when going for more adventurous shots. My biggest fears are when I fly through rocky cliff canyons with the sea below, which you can see in some of the other videos on my YouTube channel. Keep pushing it though, it’s so worth it 👍👍
Have Coverdrone so hopefully covered. Also presume you know to switch off sideways flying on the Fly screen when flying through tight places. Suspect I’m in Grandmother sucking eggs territory as you will no doubt know about that capability-I only found out the hard way just after it was added in an update, I was unable to fly sideways and had to ask the Forum for help. Back it came as always.

Nice bit of filming. A friend has a house off to the right as you look at the shore, opposite of the lifeboat station. We spent a few days there several years ago. Your video brought back some pleasant memories. Nice filming and flying.

Nice bit of filming. A friend has a house off to the right as you look at the shore, opposite of the lifeboat station. We spent a few days there several years ago. Your video brought back some pleasant memories. Nice filming and flying.
Many thanks. I had a great day there, not only flying, but bumping into an old friend I hadn’t seen in over 10 years

Good morning to all-
Jeremy- Most enjoyable video- I do so love seeing coastlines of other parts of the world. I am amazed at how British boats have to take the ground when the tide goes out- here on the Gulf Coast of the US, our tides run perhaps a foot or so- except during hurricanes, and that's a whole different thing, of course.
Video work was great, and I thought the music worked well.
Please keep sending us views of your part of the world-

Ed

Good morning to all-
Jeremy- Most enjoyable video- I do so love seeing coastlines of other parts of the world. I am amazed at how British boats have to take the ground when the tide goes out- here on the Gulf Coast of the US, our tides run perhaps a foot or so- except during hurricanes, and that's a whole different thing, of course.
Video work was great, and I thought the music worked well.
Please keep sending us views of your part of the world-

Ed
Many thanks for the kind words. I certainly will continue posting clips 👍👍

I love the scenery in this video. It makes me want to add a trip there to my bucket list. Great flying!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato