DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The DJI Avata, a Cinewhoop!!

EpicFlight

Reactions
Check it out...

FSyhdvRaAAEEOTQ-copy.jpeg.webp

Is that what they were calling the FPV Mini?

I posted about it on the News section, and then saw this thread about it too :D 😂

Hmmm. No Manual mode.

So "Cine", without the "whoop".
Exactly. Dealbreaker for me. I think DJI will change it, and implement Manual mode, because if not, there is no reason for an FPV style drone without Manual mode.

• Haha
Reactions: Torque
It's not FPV without manual. It's FPB (First Person Boring)

Reactions: Kilrah and Yaros
FTEjUhKakAAd9tP.jpg

FTEjUhKaUAA_kYT.jpg

Reactions: razoraerial
Look at how banged it is. That prototype has seen some action 😏

I wonder if it'll be carbon fibre?

I have so many questions about it I can hardly wait for specs to be published (at this point, and given its pattern, we know leaks are intentional, and a marketing tactique)

I might be interested, IF it is compatible with the controller, motion controller and the goggles of the DJI FPV. If not, then I won't bother.

Same. If I can just buy the drone and reuse control devices that'll be great.

Oooooooooohhhhhhhh, that would be a blast with the MC.

I'm not among those that think FPV == Acro. I think it means First Person View. 🤔

Reactions: passedpawn
Okay, it seems it's only me, but I'm getting pretty jazzed about this.

Mini 3? BAH! Waste of money for me. It really adds nothing to my capabilities of any significance other than 60° upward and portrait shooting, two things I've never missed having so they're worthless to me.

Now, a small cinewhoop FPV with protected ducted rotors that can bang around in tight spaces, has all the safety features of the big boys (GPS, VPS, RTH, intelligent battery, maybe even some forward OA), a great camera with vertical stabilized gimbal...

The legacy FPV purists will dismiss this bird out of hand without Manual mode, and that's fine, for them.

I'm one of the target customers. I love zapping around in Angle (N/S) mode on the DJI FPV just as much as Manual flight, sometimes even more when this old brain needs a break.

I've done quite a bit of Angle mode flying my iFlight cinewhoop in addition to Rate Mode (manual), and I enjoy it. In any case, I'm about as sure as I can be it'll get manual in a firmware update, but I won't feel cheated if it never happens.

So, I'm saving my 2022 DJI spending for one of these.

Anyone else? 😁

Reactions: umanbean
I’m not understanding the lack of manual control of the drone. Will it become necessary to create waypoints for it to fly? Please someone educate me on this!

I’m not understanding the lack of manual control of the drone. Will it become necessary to create waypoints for it to fly? Please someone educate me on this!
"Manual" mode is DJI's name for the standard FPV mode typically called Acro. Or also referred to as Rate mode. It just means that you have complete control of the aircraft, without any stabilization from the flight controller.

The Avata will have Normal, and likely Sport, modes. But not the Manual mode of the DJI FPV.

...But it's FPV, which is 99% of it for those of us not hard-core freestylers or racers.

I'd rather have rate mode available, and would fly it, but I'm just as happy zooming around in angle mode Sport.

"Manual" mode is DJI's name for the standard FPV mode typically called Acro. Or also referred to as Rate mode. It just means that you have complete control of the aircraft, without any stabilization from the flight controller.

The Avata will have Normal, and likely Sport, modes. But not the Manual mode of the DJI FPV.
And what does it mean ‘without any stabilization from the flight controller’? Does this mean stabilization not dependent on GPS? I’m very new to this cinewhoop thing! I’m looking for an AC the can fly smoothly indoors (real estate photography).
Thank you!

And what does it mean ‘without any stabilization from the flight controller’? Does this mean stabilization not dependent on GPS? I’m very new to this cinewhoop thing! I’m looking for an AC the can fly smoothly indoors (real estate photography).
Thank you!
Manual mode (or Acro mode or Rate mode) means no stabilization at all. No GPS position hold, no altitude hold, no pitch or roll stabilization, no self-leveling.

It also means that the pitch and roll control stick movements change the "rate" at which the pitch or roll angle changes. Move the stick a little and the angle changes slowly. Move it a lot and the angle changes quickly. And when you return the stick to center, the aircraft will maintain whatever pitch or roll angle it is currently at. To get back to horizontal, you have to apply opposite stick and release it when the aircraft is horizontal. If you hold the stick all the way to one side, the aircraft will continuously flip over and over, until it hits the ground.

This is different from Normal and Sport modes in that the pitch and roll stick movements in these modes determine the actual pitch and roll angles. Move the stick a little and the aircraft will tilt a small amount from horizontal. Move the stick a lot and the aircraft will tilt much more. Center the stick and the aircraft will automatically return back to horizontal. There is also a maximum angle that you will get at full stick movement. The aircraft can't flip upside down.

Reactions: Mavic19963
Manual mode (or Acro mode or Rate mode) means no stabilization at all. No GPS position hold, no altitude hold, no pitch or roll stabilization, no self-leveling.

It also means that the pitch and roll control stick movements change the "rate" at which the pitch or roll angle changes. Move the stick a little and the angle changes slowly. Move it a lot and the angle changes quickly. And when you return the stick to center, the aircraft will maintain whatever pitch or roll angle it is currently at. To get back to horizontal, you have to apply opposite stick and release it when the aircraft is horizontal. If you hold the stick all the way to one side, the aircraft will continuously flip over and over, until it hits the ground.

This is different from Normal and Sport modes in that the pitch and roll stick movements in these modes determine the actual pitch and roll angles. Move the stick a little and the aircraft will tilt a small amount from horizontal. Move the stick a lot and the aircraft will tilt much more. Center the stick and the aircraft will automatically return back to horizontal. There is also a maximum angle that you will get at full stick movement. The aircraft can't flip upside down.
Thank you okw! That was exhaustive Information and I appreciate that! With that information, I don’t see why I would want to purchase a cinewhoop. No gps, atti mode, etc. What would be the advantage of having a cinewhoop? I have heard that DJI may be releasing a cinewhoop in July or August, and touts indoor fly ability. Without manual control, I can’t see this happening!
Thank you, again, for your reply.
Tom

It lets you do moves and trajectories that are not just boring straight flight restricted by the "assistance" features.

Reactions: Korrd
FZeAa-TWAAE2lYp.jpgFZeAcCCXEAIzxQT.jpgFZeAbqfXEAEW0rB.jpgFZeAbT2WAAAXDky.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S