DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

THE DJI GOGGLES HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED!!!!!!!

I use the Headplay goggles - works very well - I use a nextbook tablet with a HDMI out port.

I use the Headplay goggles - works very well - I use a nextbook tablet with a HDMI out port.
I just can't get the Headplay goggles adjusted so I feel comfortable wearing them. If I position them for the best view then the bottom portion is below my nose but if I move them up a bit it is very uncomfortable on top of my nose. It's like I need at least another 1/8" to 3/16" of padding on the bottom only so they rest more on my cheek bones than on my nose. I think I'll try and get hold of someone from the company and order 2 or 3 extra cut-out pads to try with them. For now if I get in the shade of a tree or overhang I can see the Shield tablet okay but I would like the convenience of using my Note 4 cell phone when I'm away from home so I don't need the extra large sun shield on the Shield.

It would also be nice if I could find a more flexible HTML cable. I must have at 10 to 15 of them laying around here and they are all stiff cables. Even one of those flat cable type that roll up on a reel-like device in the center but even that is stiff. All these HTML cables get in the way while trying to hold the remote controller. Maybe I should try hooking the HDMI out on the Shield tablet to an RCA type converter and a video transmitter and use the on-board receiver with the Headplay. That would make it cable free and increase usability. But just more stuff to carry around. :(

I see people flying without a sun shield in bright sun and can't figure out how they can see the screen with all the reflection on them. I guess they are a lot younger than me and have perfect vision. :cool:

Reactions: treytexag
The Epson Moverio BT-300 smart glasses are absolutely incredible! You can see the crystal clear video, and still see your quad when landing or when needed. With the dark shades attached, you can see the video perfectly even looking towards the sun.

Reactions: MavPro75
Drew, I would agree! At that price they should be. I'll stick to Litchi Waypoints.
Thanks for posting,
Jim
WA5TEF

Just found this on FB, a store in NYC has these on display.

7cc1f9a5b14b14d790749258bc28b833.jpg
d4a4bbc08c23ba11e00f96fc468f4910.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian