DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The DJI Mavic Delay Discussed

Actually this was pretty well done, and brought up the fact that the patents were only filed for in August. I have done a patent filing and know for sure you're not getting it approved in 60 days, no way.

Reactions: E92Vancouver
Funny how some people are such blind DJI suckups that they are unable to allow people to discuss the Mavic fiasco. Notice it's the same people in each thread? I personally love DJI aircraft but when they are deliberately deceptive & evasive they deserve to be called out. People who handed over $1000+ have a right to express their displeasure without being perpetually harassed by the same 2-3 people.

Funny how some people are such blind DJI suckups that they are unable to allow people to discuss the Mavic fiasco. Notice it's the same people in each thread? I personally love DJI aircraft but when they are deliberately deceptive & evasive they deserve to be called out. People who handed over $1000+ have a right to express their displeasure without being perpetually harassed by the same 2-3 people.

Well said! No need to make excuses for DJI if you are not paid to. I loved my Phantom 2 and love my Phantom 4. DJI makes a good product. Their customer relations and support is legendary for being crappy. I am still getting a Mavic Pro though! I can't wait.

We get it, some of you are upset, and rightfully so, but complaining here day after day with the same rhetoric is getting old and does not change what happened. They held it up for 144 hours... yet the world is still spinning the last time I checked. Samm is right, this horse has been beaten to death & then some. Yes it's delayed... I doubt there is anyone who wants one on the planet who isn't aware that it appears DJI pulled a fast one. If you don't like it, cancel your order but suck it up! Write DJI about it as that may actually have some affect.

I will leave this open as long as it is civil and doesn't re-hash everything that has been said already in the closed threads. With that said, I doubt this thread will last since everything that can be said has been said.

We get it, some of you are upset, and rightfully so, but complaining here day after day with the same rhetoric is getting old and does not change what happened. They held it up for 144 hours... yet the world is still spinning the last time I checked. Samm is right, this horse has been beaten to death & then some. Yes it's delayed... I doubt there is anyone who wants one on the planet who isn't aware that it appears DJI pulled a fast one. If you don't like it, cancel your order but suck it up! Write DJI about it as that may actually have some affect.

I will leave this open as long as it is civil and doesn't re-hash everything that has been said already in the closed threads. With that said, I doubt this thread will last since everything that can be said has been said.

Absolutely.

People are talking like they expected all pre ordered to ship in a week, no one was ever made any promises other than shipping from the 15th, that shifted to a week later so they have now done what they stated, they could ship one a day for the rest of the year and be with in what they said.

It's shipping, wait or cancel is your only option, whining on the internet like spoilt children changes nothing, as TJ posted write to DJI may help but whining on here won't.

By the time I order I'll be looking at 2017 and that's ok, it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

To Static8's post "
Should DJI post regular company updates regarding Shipping of MAVIC"
the short answer is "yes".

There's already a substantial number of situations where corporations have come unstuck in similar circumstances, and lots of info that should help DJI figure out the best way forward — with the least amount of damage to their brand. To name a few commonalities where situations like this have caused substantial damage...
- Not engaging directly with affected customers
- Being slow to respond
- Being deliberately vague.
One certainty is that if the company chooses to allow a vacuum of information, it doesn't get filled with positive stuff from people trying to figure out where things stand.
I'm a big fan of DJI's engineering capability and really want them to do well — I've just spent $1,800 with them so that shows I mean it. I'm hoping that I'll become a believer in their company and brand as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Oz
from placing my order its took nearly a month for it to become apparent i have a long as yet unknown wait..

during this time i have acquired a DJI osmo and a smartphone to use alongside the mavic.. a fair sized mavic based financial outlay..

i really am getting angry at people who say if you aint happy cancel your order and shut up.. and threads getting closed when the cancel and shut up order isnt obeyed.. he he..

all DJI has to do is be a little more forthcoming.. there quite clearly is a shipping delay.. and it isnt about exessive demand as many would like to believe.. this bullsh-t actually benefits DJI when it should not..

a couple of simple question answers are needed.. what is the reason for the delay and when is full production (and shipping) likely to start..

as for the forum.. an honest open discussion regarding shipping delays should be permitted.. if folks dont like to read it they dont have to..

trog

Excellent analysis.

Just would like to mention 2 tangents:

1. People really have to cool down.

In this day and age we all want it all and want it now. But, many times, expectations can be unrealistic, because of constraints. Some of the possible ones in this case have been brilliantly outlined in the video.

Delays are frustrating but they are a part of life.

Bar extending the actual full-force delivery for several months, by this time next year, the wait (...yours, early adopters, since I will be getting mine later on...) will be only a "oh, yeah, I remember" little blimp in your collective memories.

The financial part has a way out, if customers so wish and the darn thing is just a couple of weeks late, at the moment, so some patience instead of entitlement would go a long way, I think.

See this video while you wait to better understand what I am trying to say:

2. I see that YouTube Personality, Casey Whatever, has been mentioned once more.

A piece of advice to everyone prone to be mesmerized by such characters: Stay well clear of them.

All the "Hey dude, see my swag, how cool am I ?" carefully and contrivedly calculated pose from the man is Nature's way to say "don't' listen to me for an instant".

The "fly away" and "can't focus" incidents are just the logical corollary of natural selection at work in a field where it still hasn't quite fine-tuned its consequential-elective tools.

WK

Last edited:
as for the forum.. an honest open discussion regarding shipping delays should be permitted.. if folks dont like to read it they dont have to..

trog

trog... please read one of the many closed threads

This is your campfire so rant away... I, as well as many others, was tired of seeing a new thread pop up every 4 hours on the same **** thing. Now that you have this dedicated thread run for the stars.

The main point people miss is the non stop threads started clogging up potentially educational and entertaining threads.

I can't speak for others that agree or don't disagree but the wait DOES suck and it's annoying. I just fly my other things while the jacked up wait is taking place :shrug:

Last edited:

trog
It is and you just posted in it trog . It just don't really need to be every other thread be about it and any started will be directed to this one.
And like TJ said as long as everyone stays within these http://www.mavicpilots.com/pages/communityguidelines/ it will be here .
I also have one ordered but just not written about it as it really isn't any need to here . I have sent DJI a few messages but that's it .

Here we go again.
If you feel you have been deceived and cheated why would you give DJI your money? Some people just love to complain and have a long post history of it. You have expressed your displeasure in dozens of posts in multiple threads. That's not discussing it, that's you constantly whining. We all get it. You're not happy, your toy is late. At least now we can hope that this sort of 'discussion' can be placed in one thread instead of having some post their complaints in every thread. Have at it.

Last edited:
See this from the guidelines /
12. Trolling and cyber stalking are not allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
Let this thread not be at each other and be civil from here out .

Watch the video before you comment negatively. Best done explanation on the topic that I have ever seen.
I've seen the video. It has been posted multiple times. My problem has been with the same people making the same complaints across a variety of threads on a daily basis. It makes it hard to filter through to get to the useful information. Glad to see the moderators dedicate one thread to it.

Reactions: E92Vancouver
"The DJI Mavic Delay Discussed"

odd how some folks see a discussion about a shipping delay as "complaints".. the only real complaint is that such a discussion has not been permitted.. now it is permitted things should be okay.. :)

a very small number of lucky people have their mavics.. the vast majority dont have their mavics and as things stand dont have much idea of when they are going to get their mavics..

trog

"The DJI Mavic Delay Discussed"

. the only real complaint is that such a discussion has not been permitted.. now it is permitted things should be okay.. :)

trog

You must have missed the dozens of posts across multiple threads. It's never been about a discussion of shipping delays. It's about when the same people make the same post in threads that have nothing to do with shipping delays. It's not just annoying, it interupts the flow of useful information. Now you have a dedicated thread, discuss away.

Here is a potential solution.

Just spitballing here.

Create a SubForum named Mavic Shipping Delay or something similar.
Then if anyone creates another thread expressing thier discontent the MODS slam that thread closed or delete it with a note to the poster that says - All discussions related to DJI shipping delays and release schedules are to be posted in Mavic Shipping Delay or something similar Subforum

Or delete the posts with the explanation to the poster that all discussions are to be conducted in the Mavic Shipping Delay or something similar- SubForum.

That way there is no limiting of free speech or viewpoints as they are all valid concerns , but it is "corralled" into a more manageable area.

Then at some later date one can archive or delete that subforum after all of the chaos has subsided and all Mavic Preorders and Orders have been fulfilled.

Its just grouping and happens all the time in everyday life. We naturally gravitate to people and ideas that we find similar.

I know its more housekeeping for the MODS :(

If you find this a positive idea please consider the like button.

@LuvMyTJ ; @dirkclod

people (the so called whiners) have simply been crying to be heard.. such people will keep crying until they feel they are being heard..

this delay issue is only going to get worse its not going to get better.. as long as it dosnt get trolled too much by the none whiners this thread should give a voice to the "whiners" and enable them to feel they are being heard..

trog

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803