DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 The falling star...

Peshoa

Reactions
This thing has traveled who knows...million years in the nothing, just to die in front my sky camera...sounds sooo epic...but no, after some conversation , it was cleared up that this is just an aircraft.Still I am lucky guy...wish you all of you the same luck like mine...fly safe and enjoy...full screen, head phones and max volume are mus to...

Last edited:
Look at it this way - it traveled all that time to be in the right place @ the right time for you to capture it! Thumbswayup

Reactions: Droniac and Peshoa
Most likely an aircraft contrail. When doing time lapses the effect of contrails appear as meteor trails, I have taken a lot of time lapses and had it happen often. Shooting stars or meteor trails are very fast in comparison. Another indicator of a meteor is they tend to pulse (not always) but most do as they tumble and burn the outer layers of the meteor from the thicker atmosphere

Most likely an aircraft contrail. When doing time lapses the effect of contrails appear as meteor trails, I have taken a lot of time lapses and had it happen often. Shooting stars or meteor trails are very fast in comparison. Another indicator of a meteor is they tend to pulse (not always) but most do as they tumble and burn the outer layers of the meteor from the thicker atmosphere
I do not think so. The visibility of the white object is not more than 3 - 4 seconds in the laps. The setting was 3 sec per shot. So the flight of the object is not more 9 seconds. There is no aircraft which is able to cross this distance for 9 seconds...

Reactions: Droniac
Lets face it you caught a UFO , it was not falling that was for sure , lol
One thing is for sure and that is a beautiful hyperlapse.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Droniac
3 seconds per shot x 3 seconds in timelapse x 25 FPS = 225 seconds or 3.75 minutes.

If that was a normal meteor, it would have been in or 1 or 2 frames. Only Dino killing sized meteors streak across the sky for almost 4 minutes.

edit:
I went back and looked, it was in frame for 5 seconds. So 3 x 5 x 25 = 375 seconds or over 6 minutes of real time

What Bufface said... definitely an aircraft. But nice hyperlapse of the sun

3 seconds per shot x 3 seconds in timelapse x 25 FPS = 225 seconds or 3.75 minutes.

If that was a normal meteor, it would have been in or 1 or 2 frames. Only Dino killing sized meteors streak across the sky for almost 4 minutes.

edit:
I went back and looked, it was in frame for 5 seconds. So 3 x 5 x 25 = 375 seconds or over 6 minutes of real time
Saying like that it seems you are right. Hm so let suppose that there is no a single cloud, this is a good way to imitate falling stars. Thank you for your notes Buffance, man always learn. Will wait for real falling star :) ( i know the chance is zero and camera is not able to catch it)...safe flying...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929