DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The fastest way to get a Mavic

james_mav

Reactions
I was reading a post on this board a week or so ago where some guy ordered a Mavic through the Apple Store & received his Mavic within a week. I decided to give this a try & ordered my Mavic on Dec/03 & received a text message today saying my Mavic would be delivered by Dec/09. The Mavic store shows 7 - 8 weeks for delivery but apparently this is false.

Ordered mine from apple and it was at my house 5 days later. Shipping date was January 25 when I ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Also to note, most in store pickups are this Thursday. There is probably a good chance they will also have them in stock at that same time.

Do agree with the OP I also ordered one this week and it will be here Friday for me (west coast)

That is correct, I also ordered my Mavic online through the Apple store last Saturday December 3. This morning I received shipping confirmation with tracking numbers.
It currently shows 7-8 weeks shipping time frame but that's wrong, I wasn't expecting it until sometime in January.
Now I have to list the P3P on craiglist/Ebay, I always like to have backup a drone just in case.

My new setup is going to be a Mavic and a P4, still debating if I want to sell the P4 to get P4P.
That way I can have the best of both worlds. Well even with the Mavic & P4 I am still going to have the best of both worlds within my budget.

I ordered my Mavic fly more combo from a dealer (Sept 28) and they have changed the shipping date 4 times the latest showing shipping by Dec 7 and we still have no tracking number....I am considering canceling my order and then ordering from Apple.The problem is I dont think Apple has the fly more combo :( And I wonder if I would still get in in 10 days or less?? What do you guys think I should do?

Same good result with Apple Canada.
Ordered my Mavic during the high-demand early November timeframe.
Received my order confirmation with a December 20 - 27 delivery window (ouch!). But then I received it within 3 weeks before the end of November - YES!

I ordered through Yitamotor on Amazon September 28th and have had no firm shipping news other than "soon". I placed an order through Apple last night, and thought to change it to in store pickup from ship to me, but when I talked to them they said they couldn't because it was too close to shipping. So, hopefully I will get shipping confirmation soon and then I can get my money back from Yitamotor.

I ordered my Mavic fly more combo from a dealer (Sept 28) and they have changed the shipping date 4 times the latest showing shipping by Dec 7 and we still have no tracking number....I am considering canceling my order and then ordering from Apple.The problem is I dont think Apple has the fly more combo :( And I wonder if I would still get in in 10 days or less?? What do you guys think I should do?

Scuba,

If you are not so into that combo you are getting I would go with Apple. The only bad news is they do not have the combo you are talking about. Apple's website indicates a 7-8 delivery time frame and an store pickup date of Feb 3. The good news is that they have exceeded my expectations, I was not expecting the new member of my family until last week of January, first week of February. I placed the order last Saturday afternoon, late last night I received FED Ex track numbers showing a delivery date of Friday Dec 9.
Mavic Pro Apple.JPG

I ordered through Yitamotor on Amazon September 28th and have had no firm shipping news other than "soon". I placed an order through Apple last night, and thought to change it to in store pickup from ship to me, but when I talked to them they said they couldn't because it was too close to shipping. So, hopefully I will get shipping confirmation soon and then I can get my money back from Yitamotor.

Yitamotor is a pain in the a***. I dealt with them in the past, trying to get your money back from them is like pulling a tooth from someone. They are going to try to talk you into store credit or 10% percent on anything else.

As far as your Apple order you should be receiving tracking numbers no later than Friday.

Yitamotor is a pain in the a***. I dealt with them in the past, trying to get your money back from them is like pulling a tooth from someone. They are going to try to talk you into store credit or 10% percent on anything else.

As far as your Apple order you should be receiving tracking numbers no later than Friday.

The positive thing is that I ordered it through them via Amazon, so I can always fight that way if I need to. Otherwise I can always contact my credit card to reverse the charges.

The positive thing is that I ordered it through them via Amazon, so I can always fight that way if I need to. Otherwise I can always contact my credit card to reverse the charges.

I placed my order through Amazon, I even had to call Amazon CS couple of times because they were not issuing my refund as per Amazon's return policy. They (Yitamotor) were not very cooperative, Amazon's CS was.

I wanted to buy the P4P, I already own a P4. Yitamotor's listing showed P4 Pro for the P4 standard, the drone I already have, which is false advertising. So I placed an order for P4 PRO and I received an standard, a P4. It took me almost a week to get a return label. They kept asking me if I wanted to keep it, I was beyond pissed. All I wanted was a return label, did not even bothered to open the box, they kept emailing me offering me a 10% discount to keep the drone. In the end I said give me 10% discount on the actual P4 PRO, they said no.

I am not trying to scare you, I hope it all works out for you without incident.

Last edited:

I had ordered twice from yitamotor and had NO issues with canceling/refunds. In fact, they were extremely polite and helpful. That being said, I think getting a drone from them ( I got mine from newegg 8 days after my order) is weeks away at best.

Same good result with Apple Canada.
Ordered my Mavic during the high-demand early November timeframe.
Received my order confirmation with a December 20 - 27 delivery window (ouch!). But then I received it within 3 weeks before the end of November - YES!

Quite different from my order. I ordered Sept 27th from Best Buy Canada and their order site has an ETA release date of Dec 31. Will post a note here if I ever receive it :)

My next DJI product I will order through Apple or if DJI changes their 'charge your card immediately' policy I will order directly through them.

Weather here is terrible at the moment so am in no rush

Gonna give Apple a try. Ordered from DJI last week. Apple tonight. Will cancel one after first shipping notice. Hope I don't end up with two. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Gonna give Apple a try. Ordered from DJI last week. Apple tonight. Will cancel one after first shipping notice. Hope I don't end up with two. [emoji6]

Giving this method a try here in Essex county Ontario. I also have one on order with staples from near end of October. Losing my mind! Wanted to take this with me on a trip leaving Sunday (Caribbean). [emoji22]

I ordered from apple on the 7th Dec and now it's status is processing ideams, apples web sight says 7 to 8 week wait , will believe it when I see a tracking number!
What is your status ? I also have a different order pending

Last edited:
I walked into a store across the street from my office, was handed a fly more combo still in the box from HK, paid and walked out within 10 minutes. They sold 6-7 more the same week after I told a few friends about the location. I did previously have a pending 5-6 week order from an online retailer which I GLADLY cancelled.

Check the list of DJI distributors and give the smaller shops a call. My diligence paid off because they called me to come get it only a day after I had initially emailed and left them a voice message.

I ordered, and payed for, the Mavic and a spare battery and spare props on the 24th of October from DJI. Still hasn't shipped, I'm losing my mind too.

I ordered, and payed for, the Mavic and a spare battery and spare props on the 24th of October from DJI. Still hasn't shipped, I'm losing my mind too.

Can you cancel the order and order from the Apple store?.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580