DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The fix and reason why Tripltek Tablets can cause video lag....

Interficiam Stercore

Reactions
I recently had a conversation with another member of this forum. He told me his friend experienced video lag with the tripltek tablet, but not his phone or other tablets. I tested the theory and it truly was happening. But I noticed the lag with the tripltek stoppped when the drone and remote were in closer proximity. I decided It must be a signal interference problem. I TURNED OFF THE TRIPLTEK'S WIFI. NO MORE LAG !

So, for all you tripltek owners who have noticed video lag, YOU NEED TO TURN OFF THE WIFI ON THE TRIPLTEK TABLET. The tripltek's wifi interferes with the communication between the drone and remote's wifi. TRIPLTEK'S WIFI MUST BE TURNED OFF WHEN FLYING YOUR DRONE.

If you're still experiencing video lag after turning off the triplteks wifi, let us all know on this thread.

I recently had a conversation with another member of this forum. He told me his friend experienced video lag with the tripltek tablet, but not his phone or other tablets. I tested the theory and it truly was happening. But I noticed the lag with the tripltek stoppped when the drone and remote were in closer proximity. I decided It must be a signal interference problem. I TURNED OFF THE TRIPLTEK'S WIFI. NO MORE LAG !

So, for all you tripltek owners who have noticed video lag, YOU NEED TO TURN OFF THE WIFI ON THE TRIPLTEK TABLET. The tripltek's wifi interferes with the communication between the drone and remote's wifi. TRIPLTEK'S WIFI MUST BE TURNED OFF WHEN FLYING YOUR DRONE.

If you're still experiencing video lag after turning off the triplteks wifi, let us all know on this thread.
Thanks for the info. I fly with my Tripltek all the time and haven't noticed any lag but I will experiment with the WiFi on and off and see if it improves transmission with my shorter range drones (Skydio and Parrot Anafi)

What are the opt Transmission settings for the Tripple < I know for the SC its Smooth and Auto and that made a huge difference ? Does the Tripple have something like that. ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Thanks for the info. I fly with my Tripltek all the time and haven't noticed any lag but I will experiment with the WiFi on and off and see if it improves transmission with my shorter range drones (Skydio and Parrot Anafi)
I'll do the same.

Reactions: Saladshooter
I’ve been so tempted to get one. Is it really as bright as they say? So far my iPad with a sunshade has been the best I can do.

I have not had any issues with lag, but thanks for sharing. Now I know what to do if I should :)

I don't notice video lag with my DJI drones/remotes. But maybe it's causing some range interference. I'll try turning off the wifi and see if there is a difference.

I use my tripltek on three different drones and not one has lag. Rock solid on my DJI, Parrot and Autel UAV's.
Might find this interesting. This is the same as the Tripltek but a tad cheaper. See how its put together.

I use my tripltek on three different drones and not one has lag. Rock solid on my DJI, Parrot and Autel UAV's.
Might find this interesting. This is the same as the Tripltek but a tad cheaper. See how its put together.

I found the lag only on my autel drones. The remote has a modded amplified 2.4ghz Alientech antenna. Maybe it's the antenna mod and the tripltek WIFI interfering with one another. The video is very interesting.

I’ve been so tempted to get one. Is it really as bright as they say? So far my iPad with a sunshade has been the best I can do.
Yes they’re BRIGHT! I bought one after having left my hood for my iPad Air at home one outing last spring. I fly it with a Mini1, A2S, M2Z and M2P and haven’t experienced any lag on any of them near or far away.

Latency has always been a problem even for the Smart Controller, this is true. I suspect that lack of chips has causes everyone and there grandma to take short cuts , Them relying on the super Bright screen and screen size to promote there product,

I am also concerned because of Chip Shortages and those companies buying inferior slower chips that the new SC coming out will also be a Disappointment over shadowed by it Battery and range.

Until it is solved , Lag will always remain the Weak Link in the Drone Arsenal. sadly.
This is why I try to utilize the Zoom so i can have some kind of window of time to work with.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain . Capture the Storm , Land on the River.

Reactions: GFields
Late to the conversation as always, haven't noticed any lag but thanks for the info.
Regards

Have you tried a Conversation here on the forum to contact them for support?
No, when I was having an issue with mine predates me even being a member here. They did get me fixed up, I just found it "high effort". : ) It was a blip, and honestly, now, love the tablet and don't leave the house without it. Between battery life and brightness, I cannot imagine flying my drones with anything less.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato