DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Future

Michael Ainsworth

Reactions
Talking point. All ideas responses welcome.(As long as they add to the discussion:) )

My prophecy, for what it's worth.
Drone laws become so restrictive that companies such as DJI will begin to put more emphasis on Commercial use and Military use,
Hobby drones will be degraded to things like Spark, Snap.
Their capabilities will be limited to within 100 metres max.
They will be sold as Selfie type gimmicks.
The laws will be so bad that no one will want an expensive toy that can't be flown without risk of prosecution.
DJI will see an opening in the markets for Commercial usage such as Agriculture, Professional spraying of crops etc, also Military use.
This in effect will produce a bigger income stream and profit margin for DJI and any other enterprising company.
Technology has advanced so quick that Governments have been taken unawares and there will be a reaction against the man in the street having this access.

Talking point. All ideas responses welcome.(As long as they add to the discussion:) )

Drone laws become so restrictive that companies such as DJI will begin to put more emphasis on Commercial use and Military use,
The laws will be so bad that no one will want an expensive toy that can't be flown without risk of prosecution.
DJI will see an opening in the markets for Commercial usage such as Agriculture, Professional spraying of crops etc, also Military use.
This in effect will produce a bigger income stream and profit margin for DJI and any other enterprising company.
Technology has advanced so quick that Governments have been taken unawares and there will be a reaction against the man in the street having this access.
that's it... selling my mavi....

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Just found this and had been closed ,not sure why but is opened again .
Carry on .:)

Your prophecy will be wrong and I will tell you why.
Tomorow I'm taking my mavic pro to the ZOO.!
I'm going to show it to those Ape's........
They will help us with those **** dirty human's
.... and when they get out there going to be a change......CEASAR.!
...................................Lighten Up Frances.......
. Injoy Today.!
you wont know if tomorow will come
Or as the Kid's say YOLO
Don't be a should a could a would Guy
................C

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
I enjoy my Mavic immensely, and will continue I am also contemplating the Spark when the first wave of them have gone.
But I do think that DJI have made a very competent drone which has surprised them to the extent they are now looking at ways to restrict them.
They are at this moment trying to balance both sides.
Be interesting to see what transpires over next 12 months.
Having a group of people out there willing to hack or overcome the programmes is putting pressure on DJI.
If DJI feel it's beyond them maybe they will produce less capable drones which will see their market drop in the recreational field. This will put pressure on them to market the high end drones to businesses, armed forces etc. Trying to keep them out of reach of the rest of us.
These are just some of my many meaningless thoughts, probably without any substance but I do wonder at times where this will lead.
Ne d another drink just to placate those neutrons still firing. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: charliesRig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803