DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Girl in A Forest

Dear all, I made a video to a chosen song, it's like a music video, tried to fly the Mavic 2 Pro not always in high position, more then use it like a flying camera.

Ciao Rob

Nice use of black & white transitioning. I love flying in the "forest" myself.
I was just going to complement your editing - how did you get the birds / lightening in?

Well I searched via Google for free lighting/birds green screen, downloaded or made a screen recording while the YouTube clip was running and then adjusted size, movement etc till it looks good.
You can also search for free fx effects

Ciao Rob

Cool video - and interesting sound track. I really liked the footage inside the rows of corn - thought it might have been cool to end the video with a reverse of that shot - pulling back from inside the rows of corn - but regardless - great job. Very interesting to watch from beginning to end

Reactions: Jatekman
I find that some of the best footage is shot below 100 feet AGL, even below 50' most of the time.

I also live in Florida. So there's not much elevation to be had lol.

Trees and power lines are my biggest concern.

Oh, and... BIRDS!
Relative motion holds one's interest and is much more pronounced below 100'. I call this the; "Peter Pan perspective" and it works well. Gaining altitude loses contrast, color and who knows what else.

Again big hands to all for your great and positive feedback!

All shots done with Mavic 2 Pro, the rotating tree from below is a photo, tried to film this but to shaky.

The song I used is of course copyrighted but the only reaction from YouTube in this cases is, that the video can not be moneytized, that's no problem for me.
I have used very popular music like Depeche Mode or Metallica and always just this notice from YouTube, in this case with the music from The Cure also noted that the video is blocked in France and some littlee islands- so this was ok for me.

Wondering a little bit about the many likes, my last vid posted here- Humbling River- is similar made- many lowshots, story, black and white, even playing characters- and not a word feedback, well maybe it's the music that some here likes.

Ciao Rob

Reactions: Limelight Imaging
I really enjoyed your video, and I generally find that my interest in most 'entertainment' videos fades after maybe a minute or two. I have also been a big fan of the The Cure for many years, so between that and the nicely edited footage, I have to say it's very well done. I do have to ask though, and I did see her at least once, what was the girl doing in the forest? ?

Reactions: Jatekman
Well the story is about the lyrics in the song.

Come closer and see
Find the girl while you can
Hear her voice and start to run
Suddenly I stopped but I know it was too late
Lost in a forest all alone
THE GIRL WAS NEVER THERE

So the girl is just imagination, he wants to find a girl/wish/goal and in the search he get lost and

It's always the same I running towards nothing
Again and again......

So I guess it's the recurrent search in life for sense/dreams.

Ciao Rob

It was amazing for me the job that the Hasselblad camera from the Mavic 2 did, there were very difficulty light conditions in the forest with many dark but also very bright areas.
There was no need for ND filter and it was a little bit difficult to start from below (dark) and go up over the trees (bright)- this I had to correct later with more ore less gamma and contrast.

Well main reason for the Mavic 2 was the camera to do better shots as the Mavic PP and it works.

Ciao Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N