DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Isle of Mull, Scotland

You beep beep, how the heck did you manage to get that close to deer, how the heck did you even manage to find them?
I like the changing perspective of the water fall at 1.04. Was it flown with a slave controller controlling the camera?
Was the ending what it looks like?
What drone?

You beep beep, how the heck did you manage to get that close to deer, how the heck did you even manage to find them?
I like the changing perspective of the water fall at 1.04. Was it flown with a slave controller controlling the camera?
Was the ending what it looks like?
What drone?
Regarding deer, they just roam free on the isle and there are a lot of them, so it wasn't hard at all.
What is a slave controller? I filmed it using Mavic air 2 by flying back and rising a gimbal simultaneously.
Unfortunately, the ending is exactly what it looks like, luckily MA2 is quite durable.

Reactions: RobertR
Slave controller is a feature on the Mavis 2 P/Z that allows a second controller to be connected simultaneously to one drone. I don't know if it is available on the MA2.
One is deemed the primary and the other the secondary.
The primary has precedence but the secondary can, from memory, be used to control the camera whlst the primary controls the drone, i.e the pilot can fly the drone whist the camera'man' does their stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Serhii
I don’t mean to be critical but please lose the cheesy transitions. They do nothing but distract from the smoothness of your shooting. You’ll never see them used in professional video... for good reason.
It is a good point. This time, I was trying to learn how to do those transitions, but now when I look at it, it looks quite distracting. However, I disagree about them not being used in professional videos.

Reactions: Sleve and Len750
I don’t mean to be critical but please lose the cheesy transitions. They do nothing but distract from the smoothness of your shooting. You’ll never see them used in professional video... for good reason.
I thought the transitions were top flight (!) They added to the pace and rhythm. They all have been overused in the past, but not here. This was one of those videos you wished would never end. Post more!

've just started learning to edit videos using DaVinci Resolve and would like to hear your feedback on filming, editing, sound, etc.
Hi Serhii,
I am speechles and my jaw dropped! This is one of the best video, if not best I saw in this forum! You just started to edit and you deliver an amazing video, hats off! There is everyting in your video, action, smooth shots, ground shots and so on. And I noticed that the soundtrack is also top notch. Deer running/roaring. The car is not mute and the water is also present in the soundtrack!
As I went many times up in the Highlands your video brought back beautifull memories!??
Big compliments and of course I am looking forward to see more!
Cheers Paul

super shots... agree the transitions were just too much .... seemed to be a jumble of different types... my preference is always to just use the same transition through the whole video but others will have a different view. The waterfall shot was lovely but i felt it lingered about 3 seconds too much .. when you are in the shot try not to look at the drone or allow the controller to be seen.. adds to the authenticity ...

colours brilliant .... sadly last time I was on Mull the weather was too poor for the drone ....

In defense of the transitions, it takes me back to being a kid seeing the Coldstream Guards and the Black Watch perform in a large 20000 seat auditorium...massed pipes and drums marching. Lots of precision turns and formations. Now without this background your transitions could be viewed with suspicion, but for me they fit and fit well. You hold your shots according to the content...a lot of people don’t have that insight. Again, great video!

If this is “just learning” I got a lot of work to do! Some this was up there with Niklas Christl. Check him out....

The transitions are fine, just hold back a little on them and they will add more. Less is best.

I agree. Great scenery but sudden changes made the video rather choppy and disconnected. Very good first attempt, however. All in all, I'd rate it as "promising." Thanks for sharing.

If this is “just learning” I got a lot of work to do! Some this was up there with Niklas Christl. Check him out....

The transitions are fine, just hold back a little on them and they will add more. Less is best.
Oh, wow! Thanks, I will check it out. I like a dolly zoom at 4:25

Excellent flying (except at the end lol) and excellent video editing. Truly enjoyed it!
Liked and subscribed on YouTube

I agree with Skyhigh. Lose the transitions. I'm a purist and I believe if your video is really good, it should speak for itself then you don't need fancy transitions. Dissolves would be fine...add to the dramatic look. Speaking of that, I love the letterbox, gives it that cinematic look and it fits perfectly with the big, beautiful scenic shots. Overall, a terrific video. Yes, the deer shots are fantastic! The Fiat 500 is cute too. And, I really liked the very wide shot of the mountain with the Fiat driving along, very small on the road. That gives the viewer a sense of scale. Great job. Keep at it and share with us often.

Reactions: Pietros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottmurray917