DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The last moments with my mavic I think it’s a factory defect

Arce101

Reactions
At the final point before I started spinning out of control I hit up on my sticks and i lost a foot in altitude before I started spinning out of control it was very foggy so I couldn’t see what was happening but at 70 ft I should of cleared the tree line no problem should I take this up with dji? Sent my drone out already so I’m waiting on them to conduct there internal investigation hopefully they can figure out what really happened

Know this pattern very well, as it always results in a fly away , so the most critical part of the video is the take off and there is a really good chance you had some Magnetic Interference or compass error right before the flight.

I have seen this with the Phantom 4 at least twice, so very possible its the same on the Mavic.
The problems with some warning signs is they pop up and dissappear and you think you ok but the drone has been compromised.

I made a video of how this happens on the phantom 4 , if your interested just PM me and I will send it to you.

^ Exactly ^ Conjecture and Speculation is just that!

Watch. I think you had a lint ball that had accumulated in one of the motors . That severely limited the ability of the Mavic to maintain altitude.

Reactions: Jeffm912
Anything affecting the motor would appear clearly in the flight logs as an ESC/Force or other type of error.
Its possible it threw a prop.

Logs are needed, theres no useful information at all in the video.

It's impossible to conclude anything definitively from the limited data on the screen display - you would need to post the txt and DAT logs:

TXT log: DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

I’ve seen and read loads of threads (posts) how you’ve helped people find their drones and give them a better understanding on what went wrong instead of just speculating, credit to you and your very important knowledge on this subject. Top man?

I’ve seen and read loads of threads (posts) how you’ve helped people find their drones and give them a better understanding on what went wrong instead of just speculating, credit to you and your very important knowledge on this subject. Top man?
Yea if anything @sar104 has taught me it’s never what you think it is before reading the logs. Even if it looks perfectly cut and dry EVERY TIME it’s totally different then what I thought initially

Thank u one positive comment appreciate it looking forward to that

The folks here are great at helping when given the information they need to provide said help. Aren't the logs on the phone, or whatever device you use in conjunction with the remote control?

Sar104 can definitively determine what took place by examining the logs. He has lots and lots of posts in which he breaks down the logs and has helped many here recover thier lost Mavic's!

I know that scenario does not apply to your situation , but he can shed some light on what took place by examining the logs

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000