DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Latest DJI Fly App 1.8.0 and the Mini 2 -- (3 November 2022)

LoudThunder

Part 107 Licensed
Reactions
OK, I've just downloaded the latest version of the Fly App, but it's late at night and I have not tried it out yet… But I wanted to get this posted for those who might have already downloaded the version and asked themselves, "Why?"

So, if you are flying the Mini 2 and you just downloaded the latest DJI Fly App Version 1.8.0 and you are not sure what it does, check out the following YouTube Video from GavinHR…

Of course, you can "always" depend on DJI to release the most complete description… (Yeah, Right…) NOT…

What’s New?
- Fixed issue: "Weak signal. Adjust antennas" pop-up message did not disappear
automatically when using Mavic Mini.
- Fixes some issues and optimizes overall app quality.

It's promising rain tomorrow so I may not get to try it for a while, but I hope those of us who have tried it, tell us about your experience, Good, Bad, or Indifferent…

Share the wealth of knowledge and experience…

Reactions: Mrveronn
Share the wealth of knowledge and experience…
I'm happy to announce that my Mini 2 flying with my two Galaxy Tablets A8 and the S2 flew just fine with the DJI Fly App 1.8.0.

When I updated the S2 (an older 2016 era tablet) last month with Version 1.7.4., I experienced about 3-App crashes per battery. I never lost control as the controller always maintained connectivity, but if I had been BVLOS, it could have been catastrophic. Because of the App kept crashing, I had backtracked on the Version and installed 1.6.12, so I could still fly my drone.

I flew my Mini 2 using both the Galaxy A8 and S2 using Version 1.8.0., and I ran three batteries through it, testing all aspects, photo, video, and quick shots, and all worked as it should.

As far as I am concerned, Case Closed!

I have done 3 batteries worth of flying on Redmi Note 8 phone and Teclast M30pro tablet, both running Android 11. No problems with v1.8.0 and Mini 2 so far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato