DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mini 2 is the BEST drone for travelling

Gadget Inspector

Reactions
This is obviously a personal opinion and perspective, but the very thought of carrying a larger heavier bag with a larger drone makes me appreciate the small and light size of the Mini 2. Can't imagine not taking it with me when travelling. Too easy to take along.

Of note: If all I’m carrying is my drone and five batteries the pullout case on my M2P backpack form PGYTECH is the same size as the one in the video and has a shoulder strap.
Not to deter buyers in the market for a less expensive but reasonably capable drone... even if wind resistance is a bit lacking.

Of note: If all I’m carrying is my drone and five batteries the pullout case on my M2P backpack form PGYTECH is the same size as the one in the video and has a shoulder strap.
Not to deter buyers in the market for a less expensive but reasonably capable drone... even if wind resistance is a bit lacking.
Yep, just depends on how light your travelling. The other thing I didn't drive home enough is being nervous about travelling with a $1500 drone vs. $500. But, there's no beating what you can get out of the M2Pro. Awes me everytime.

Yep, just depends on how light your travelling. The other thing I didn't drive home enough is being nervous about travelling with a $1500 drone vs. $500. But, there's no beating what you can get out of the M2Pro. Awes me everytime.
Yep. I always carry it on and put it (in the case) below the seat in front of my feet.... hate the way overhead bin items get treated.

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
This is obviously a personal opinion and perspective, but the very thought of carrying a larger heavier bag with a larger drone makes me appreciate the small and light size of the Mini 2. Can't imagine not taking it with me when travelling. Too easy to take along.
Carry my M2P with me as well as my FPV so your video other than promoting your video really isn’t important it it.
Sorry but promoting videos isn’t my thing. ?‍♂️

Reactions: Gagey52
Carry my M2P with me as well as my FPV so your video other than promoting your video really isn’t important it it.
Sorry but promoting videos isn’t my thing. ?‍♂️
Flying drones and making videos is my hobby and I LOVE it! Such a blessing how many people enjoy them. Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I agree. It IS the perfect travel drone. The camera and performance are normally more than enough for travel pics and video. I can pack the Mini 2 controller and 4 batteries with no problem. Aldryn Estacio from flytpath sells these small zippered cases for the drone and controller. I find it works out well.

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
I don't know. Too much noise even at iso 100 and sunny day.
4k/30p has terrible compression artifacts when there are lot of details (forest, water, etc)
360 pano jpg's aren't saved in full resolution (i don't want to work with raws)
2.7k/60p mode has strange distorsion correction algorithm (horizon waves)
beeping is too loud while rth alarm

I love my Mini2, but there are some drawbacks :(

• Sad
Reactions: Gagey52
I like my Mini and keep it to take when traveling - mainly out of the USA - because it's under 250g rating. The "lack" of sensors is an issue, but not so much if I'm going to fly in relatively open conditions. Would I fly it in my local waterfall adventures - NO WAY!

My Air2 is not so much bigger and heavier than the Mini, even with 3 batteries and all the other goodies. Now, if we compared a Mini / Air2 with a Phantom / Inspire - oh yeah, you're talking a huge difference.

Having flown off the coast of Maui in 30+mph winds with gusts even higher several times, I have a very high level of confidence in the Mavic 2 Pro. Steady; zero problems with videos or stills. As for plane flights, I bring the drone, its case and batteries onboard. All are stored in the overhead luggage compartments right above me. Never questioned by airport security. I have seen several Mini videos but I was not impressed with its abilities (or lack thereof) to fly in windy conditions. Perhaps the Mini 2 is better? To me, the best test of a drone video is to have it shown on an 80-inch TV screen.

Attachments

• DJI_0962.JPG
    DJI_0962.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 14
  • DJI_0911e.jpg
    DJI_0911e.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 14
  • DJI_0890e.jpg
    DJI_0890e.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 14
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals