DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Moverio Drone Soar App thread (renamed)

I came over from the Spark forum, because I bought these glasses, and not much discussion over there. Glad to see an active thread about them. I'm am very interested in what this new upgrade app does. I hope you don't forget Spark users are using this too!

And ACTUALLY, if your glasses add any new possibilities in useable apps, you may drive more Spark users to shell out the cash. Many of us wish we had more software options only available with DJI other drones, or outside vendor software, and in some cases hacks.

I realize we don't have some capabilities like 3 axis camera, but we are underserved with possibilities on software as other Spark users show when they have to take advantage and do stuff outside of what DJI is willing to offer us. I'd be quite willing to pay for upgrade software from DJI, if they offered it, I don't need it free if it degrades sales of upscale models which is about the only reason I can see they don't offer it..

Reactions: Bill W
I came over from the Spark forum, because I bought these glasses, and not much discussion over there. Glad to see an active thread about them. I'm am very interested in what this new upgrade app does. I hope you don't forget Spark users are using this too!

And ACTUALLY, if your glasses add any new possibilities in useable apps, you may drive more Spark users to shell out the cash. Many of us wish we had more software options only available with DJI other drones, or outside vendor software, and in some cases hacks.

I realize we don't have some capabilities like 3 axis camera, but we are underserved with possibilities on software as other Spark users show when they have to take advantage and do stuff outside of what DJI is willing to offer us. I'd be quite willing to pay for upgrade software from DJI, if they offered it, I don't need it free if it degrades sales of upscale models which is about the only reason I can see they don't offer it..

Very active group here also. Epson Moverio BT-300 FPV TIPS/TRICKS/SUPPORT

Ken posted something stating Tues.8:08pm Maybe I have jumped in misunderstanding??
Ken posted something stating Tues.8:08pm Maybe I have jumped in misunderstanding??
I did post a thread but no mention of a release date, I'm sorry but sometimes I say some ever-so silly things which is meant in good faith only to lighten-up the forum because sometimes topics can get seriously heavy that it prevents the drone from take-off.

Still working on it. Sorry.
You might consider writing a bot that posts a weekly, "Not yet, still working on it" message to avoid the hassle of having to respond to the weekly prods! :)

In all seriousness, I hope they're working hard at this...and I hope they don't settle on QC, because it only takes one glitch-driven crash to void the program. I'm OK waiting if it's real, active, and bug-free when it arrives.

Playing with an updated version of the flight app as we speak. Looking very promising. Everyone should be very pleased once it is finalized and released.

Reactions: RaWine
I can attest that this actually exists! I'm beta testing a version of it. Flew it yesterday and had a bit of a learning curve...but I think it's going to be a nice app. Unfortunately, when I went to test today, my Titan antenna had a wire come loose in the controller connector and I ended up with very inconsistent connections. I'm sending the controller back to Titan (they will repair with no issues), but I'll be out of commission until I get the controller back...a bit of a bummer.

But the app is real and it works. I was able to launch and fly using the app. Didn't get the head control working, and I'm not sure what all of the controls do...I was hoping to learn a lot today...but I'm dead in the water for what I hope will be a short time.

- Gary

I got the beta as well - but UK Wind yesterday was not for flying. But have everything ready for today if weather is good (once it maybe stops raining)

I can attest that this actually exists! I'm beta testing a version of it. Flew it yesterday and had a bit of a learning curve...but I think it's going to be a nice app. Unfortunately, when I went to test today, my Titan antenna had a wire come loose in the controller connector and I ended up with very inconsistent connections. I'm sending the controller back to Titan (they will repair with no issues), but I'll be out of commission until I get the controller back...a bit of a bummer.

But the app is real and it works. I was able to launch and fly using the app. Didn't get the head control working, and I'm not sure what all of the controls do...I was hoping to learn a lot today...but I'm dead in the water for what I hope will be a short time.

- Gary
Sorry to hear Gary. Hope you are back in the air soon. Keep us posted.

I was just out doing first battery on the flight app in Richmond Park / London.

Good stuff ! More later. I did stupidly not reset my video/photo settings so all recordings are very dark. And I don’t know if my EZ screen capture worked - but now have a kids birthday party that I need to bring kids to. :) so more later

Thanks Epson so far.

More later!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa