DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Moverio Drone Soar App thread (renamed)

ok - this will be multi-part ! :)

I got a Beta "Invitation" from someone from Epson a few days ago - who let me download the Epson DJI Flight App. I spent a day charging and setting everything up to be ready for the weekend (more on that later). Weather was a bi*ch on Saturday with high winds - so no flying. And today as my lovely family asked me what I wanted to do for Fathers day (apart from the full kids schedule) - I of course answered - GO FLYING!.

So off we went to Richmond Park, London. The park is HUGE and have a dedicated RC Flying area. No paved landing strips and I think for electric flight only - it is a lovely setting with great views. I did manage to spoil any great camera footage by flying with EV -2.3 for the whole time as last time I flew was in Spain and I simply forgot to adjust.

Anyway - after 2 complete "reboots" to get the Moverio & Mavic to join hands - we had contact. Another Mavic Pro Pilot (Winston? I think) was there with his wife - and they graciously let me try their USB Cable. So thank you very much! But a CTRL-ALT-DEL was needed - and not new cable. But the fellow pilot got to wear my BT-300's - so I think Epson got a new customer...

So the new app in short. It is a simplified DJI Go app. It is designed to use with Epsons BT-3xx series. And it is designed to make it easy to fly "controller blind" - so the ONLY buttons you use while flying are the "C1/C2" buttons under your controller - plus the sticks of course. You do not TOUCH the BT-300 controller for "normal" use. Once you go into settings - you revert back to the track pad.

Default C1/C2 press Flight Menu - you use C1 to "scroll" and C2 as "select/enter" - so to get to Map mode - you click a few times on C1 - and select with C2 button.
Standard_Inflight_C1-C2_Menu.JPG

So what else is new:
1. AirMap - the Epson Flight App uses AirMap - so you can download maps to use while flying "offline"

2. BirdsEye Flight - you turn your head - your turn your drone! Tilt your head up and down and gimbal tilts! I did not quite get used to it during the flight but I'm certain it will grow on me when I learn to turn EV back to normal brightness.

3. You can record video from the internal BT-300 camera while you fly.

4. HUD optimised views - so the whole app is designed for use with the BT-300. So in default screen mode - you have a tiny "map circle" in the lower left corner - and a drone video "circle" in the lower right corner - and a few and a bit of text and graphs - and that is it.

So see attached images!

Default Flight Mode Screen ("Optimised HUD View) - all the "black" area is what you use to See - Through and keep an eye on your bird. So in real life you see through the glasses where screen is black.

Default Flight Mode Screen.JPG

BirdsEye Flight: - plus BT-300 Camera recording called "Moverio Mode" (big red thing on the right is the camera indicator...)

Birds_Eye_Flight_w camera_recording.JPG

As you can see I had a lot of GPS errors - and I did have my wife and 2 kids there - so there was not time for diving into "issues" as we had a birthday party to go to right afterwards.

But I'll see if I can push in a flight or two later tomorrow with more updates. I'll have to play around to figure out camera settings when flying etc. So 1 battery used so far.

Issues: Despite logging in with DJI login - the flight is not registered / sync'ed. Maybe that is not in the cards but I don't care anyway but some people might. Few "beta" niggles but I'll send them to Epson direct.

Any questions : Just ask!

But I am impressed! This makes it simpler to fly - and the screen is not annoying in front of you as it is with the normal DJI app. Great work Epson and all so far.

I would love a couple of "custom actions" so I could setup 2-4 icons myself that I could chose with C1/C2. So kind of "Macro's" for re-call of often used settings/combo settings.

Reactions: chuck1026
Litchi works, you just need the correct version.
Thank you for the reply on Litchi. Do they have anything in the works for Autopilot? I have used it for the past two years with no problems. I thought about trying Litchi, but I have also heard of glitches with it.

Thank you for the reply on Litchi. Do they have anything in the works for Autopilot? I have used it for the past two years with no problems. I thought about trying Litchi, but I have also heard of glitches with it.
Here is link to litchi:

Credit to Iannes

Here are the files you need to copy over to the BT-300 and install

https://www.dropbox.com/.../AADcoNPh4JUT2p8vNeLaLxHVa...

Order of install is

Google play services
Google play info
Google play store
Maps Navigation Transport
Litchi 4.0.2 (this is only version that works at the moment)

https://www.modapkdown.com/.../com.mod.litchi-for-dji.../

installed Beta app yesterday, very nice and stable. going to burn 4 batterys today with mavic pro, ill update you all on the tests. I like the app...

Excited - thanks for the insights!
I hope this app doesn't cause overheating.
Is the beta still open for testers - if so how to apply?

Thanks ...

Here is link to litchi:

Credit to Iannes

Here are the files you need to copy over to the BT-300 and install

https://www.dropbox.com/.../AADcoNPh4JUT2p8vNeLaLxHVa...

Order of install is

Google play services
Google play info
Google play store
Maps Navigation Transport
Litchi 4.0.2 (this is only version that works at the moment)

https://www.modapkdown.com/.../com.mod.litchi-for-dji.../
Thank You. I will be purchasing the BT-300 soon and will use your info to set it up. Thanks for sharing.

ok - this will be multi-part ! :)

I got a Beta "Invitation" from someone from Epson a few days ago - who let me download the Epson DJI Flight App. I spent a day charging and setting everything up to be ready for the weekend (more on that later). Weather was a bi*ch on Saturday with high winds - so no flying. And today as my lovely family asked me what I wanted to do for Fathers day (apart from the full kids schedule) - I of course answered - GO FLYING!.

So off we went to Richmond Park, London. The park is HUGE and have a dedicated RC Flying area. No paved landing strips and I think for electric flight only - it is a lovely setting with great views. I did manage to spoil any great camera footage by flying with EV -2.3 for the whole time as last time I flew was in Spain and I simply forgot to adjust.

Anyway - after 2 complete "reboots" to get the Moverio & Mavic to join hands - we had contact. Another Mavic Pro Pilot (Winston? I think) was there with his wife - and they graciously let me try their USB Cable. So thank you very much! But a CTRL-ALT-DEL was needed - and not new cable. But the fellow pilot got to wear my BT-300's - so I think Epson got a new customer...

So the new app in short. It is a simplified DJI Go app. It is designed to use with Epsons BT-3xx series. And it is designed to make it easy to fly "controller blind" - so the ONLY buttons you use while flying are the "C1/C2" buttons under your controller - plus the sticks of course. You do not TOUCH the BT-300 controller for "normal" use. Once you go into settings - you revert back to the track pad.

Default C1/C2 press Flight Menu - you use C1 to "scroll" and C2 as "select/enter" - so to get to Map mode - you click a few times on C1 - and select with C2 button.
View attachment 40320

So what else is new:
1. AirMap - the Epson Flight App uses AirMap - so you can download maps to use while flying "offline"

2. BirdsEye Flight - you turn your head - your turn your drone! Tilt your head up and down and gimbal tilts! I did not quite get used to it during the flight but I'm certain it will grow on me when I learn to turn EV back to normal brightness.

3. You can record video from the internal BT-300 camera while you fly.

4. HUD optimised views - so the whole app is designed for use with the BT-300. So in default screen mode - you have a tiny "map circle" in the lower left corner - and a drone video "circle" in the lower right corner - and a few and a bit of text and graphs - and that is it.

So see attached images!

Default Flight Mode Screen ("Optimised HUD View) - all the "black" area is what you use to See - Through and keep an eye on your bird. So in real life you see through the glasses where screen is black.

View attachment 40328

BirdsEye Flight: - plus BT-300 Camera recording called "Moverio Mode" (big red thing on the right is the camera indicator...)

View attachment 40322

As you can see I had a lot of GPS errors - and I did have my wife and 2 kids there - so there was not time for diving into "issues" as we had a birthday party to go to right afterwards.

But I'll see if I can push in a flight or two later tomorrow with more updates. I'll have to play around to figure out camera settings when flying etc. So 1 battery used so far.

Issues: Despite logging in with DJI login - the flight is not registered / sync'ed. Maybe that is not in the cards but I don't care anyway but some people might. Few "beta" niggles but I'll send them to Epson direct.

Any questions : Just ask!

But I am impressed! This makes it simpler to fly - and the screen is not annoying in front of you as it is with the normal DJI app. Great work Epson and all so far.

I would love a couple of "custom actions" so I could setup 2-4 icons myself that I could chose with C1/C2. So kind of "Macro's" for re-call of often used settings/combo settings.
Excited about this!!! I hope they fix the flight logs. That's important to me. Will it work with all Go4 aircraft? Mavic Air?

@jtus @chuck1026 - Epson was nice enough to send me a link. How they chose I do not know.

Now i'm just waiting for some more flying weather for more flights.

So any news when this app will launch? Seems like everyone keep talking but no sign it will go to live.

So any news when this app will launch? Seems like everyone keep talking but no sign it will go to live.
As John Wayne said "now hold on there little britches"

Great for Pro users.....But!
Are there any Mavic Air testers using the beta app?

Great for Pro users.....But!
Are there any Mavic Air testers using the beta app?
I own Mavic Air... Willing to test.

Can the beta testers also please check BT-300s temperature when using the Epson app. to see if it might resolve the overheat forced shut down that several of us are experiencing with Go 4 and which currently makes them unreliable?

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks - David.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98