DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The question is: Update software/firmware or not?

Peter Brazil

Reactions
Cheers fellow pilots.
Raining cats and dogs here in Brazil. Probably the rainiest November in ages. Not much flying !!
I have read about many people running into problems after updating their software/firmware.
That makes me think... So far, I have not updated anything on my MM since I bought it in Jan 2020,
as all works fine, never had any problems or issues. So, if it ain't broke, why fix it?
By the way, this is where I live. As you can see, I have no problems with flying over houses or people.

1605906782355.png

I already posted this in another thread but the rules I use are: If it doesn't fix a problem that you are having, add a feature that you are missing, or fix a critical security issue, then there is no need to update.

It’s always a small gamble updating firmware on any device PC,s & phones included, 99.9% of the time some small thing is fixed but that .1% can mess things up.
I am in the update now league but I can see why some people are a little hesitant.

I usually update when the outrage over the new update has subsided and people generally agree that it works.

Hello people just bought smart controller last week switch on charger the battery and did update no problems even updated for air2 showing ready to connect my nice problem is which drone to buy air 2 or mavic 2 zoom in my price limit which one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61