DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Reaper is skinned, skidded and strobed. Show us your skin. ;)

If you ask her if she cares and she says " its fine " you're in trouble... hahah

But seriously, really dope rig!!
Thank you.

It's coming together pretty well in my opinion.

I've ordered a Mavmount and amps for the antenna, but the amps probably won't be ready for my next flight.

I'm waiting for the amps to arrive so I can examine them, figure out their power requirements and determine how to best mount all of that to my controller.

For powering the amps, I would like to find a Li-Po cell power pack.

Here's the amps I've ordered...

Sunhans eSunRC 2000mW 33dBm 2.4GHz & 5.8GHz Dual Band WiFi Signal Booster Wireless Signal Extender Amplifier For RC DJI Drone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073GS2QCQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_h2-OBb5FD5M95

I'm hoping to find some clever person that has already printed something, else I'm going to have to build something myself.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Looks great! The strobes tho, they are on all the time when you start the flight. (I have two on my i1) have you had issues with light coming in the lens? Flares? At night, the mist/due will capture/reflect light. Problems yet?
It hasn't rained since I put it all together earlier today and I haven't flown with them at night with the camera running either.

Yes, I turn them on during pre-flight.

Great questions, so I'll try a little test tonight if I can.

You said email [email protected] for the strobe mounts..... is this where to get the strobes also?? Or just the mounting setup and need to find your own strobe lights?
And if we can buy the strobe lights/mount setup, how are the strobes powered??
Please let us know about the strobe setup. Thanks

You said email [email protected] for the strobe mounts..... is this where to get the strobes also?? Or just the mounting setup and need to find your own strobe lights?
And if we can buy the strobe lights/mount setup, how are the strobes powered??
Please let us know about the strobe setup. Thanks
Sorry about that.

He only makes the clip on holders.

The strobes are powered by a small on board lithium-polymer battery that is rechargable via a microUSB connector on the circuit board.

Strobon is the name of these strobes and they're available from a few places online.

I highly recommend 2 white and one red and green to meet and exceed FAA regs.

Red + Green Flytron Strobon Cree LED Drone Strobe USA Shipping 2 pack Navigation 740931140092 | eBay

White - USA -OFFICIAL Flytron Cree Rechargeable LED Strobe Spark, Mavic Air 740931140061 | eBay

The skins are from WRAPGRADE.JP and we're very easy to apply.

I just had a plastic first aid tweezer to help with holding on to them without messing up the adhesive while I fumbled around getting them lined up and didn't get in a hurry.
WrapGrade has posted a new video on YouTube illustrating the application of their Mavic 2 wrap.
They do not show the wrap being applied to the metal heat transfer panel on the bottom and when they show off their achievement at the end of the video the panel is bare.
That panel gets hot for a reason.
Just sayin.....
You're having lots of fun with your Mavic.and have done a great job kitting it out. Fly safe.

what is the thing on top of your drone. I assume it's for the lights?
It's a PGYTECH clip on camera stud mount with the stud unscrewed and a key location beeper attached with a foam backed Command Strip.

I figure, in case of a fly-off, I can use the GPS in the Go 4 app to get me within range of where it comes down and the beeper on top will get me looking in the correct direction for that hi-vis orange out in mother nature. :)

WrapGrade has posted a new video on YouTube illustrating the application of their Mavic 2 wrap.
They do not show the wrap being applied to the metal heat transfer panel on the bottom and when they show off their achievement at the end of the video the panel is bare.
That panel gets hot for a reason.
Just sayin.....
You're having lots of fun with your Mavic.and have done a great job kitting it out. Fly safe.
I'm flying in the summer heat of central and south Florida, which is hovering at an actual temperature of 91-95° right now with a heat index of well over 105°, and I'm not experiencing any overheating at all.

And, on top of that, I'm ALWAYS flying with my strobes mounted and my Raptor landing skids on.

And, in addition to that, I add the flotation pontoons to whenever flying over my lake, which I do frequently.

Yes, the pontoons affect the aerodynamics of the drone, but there still isn't any overheating issues.

Therefore, I have no clue what you're talking about.

Awesome looking rig - thanks for the info about the skins!! Can't wait to get mine installed.

You inspire (no pun!) us all!!

Nicely done!! The cool down reminds me of the shut down procedures on TC Aircraft, gotta let that oil cool the bearings OR ELSE!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada