DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum The Rock Man

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is a recycle of old clips I pulled together as an experiment to apply a sound track I am interested in for future use.

The storyline is simply about my neighbor who has the skill of natural rock masonry, using rocks he collected throughout Michigan during his career with the National Park Service. And I think he has a beautiful country setting… thus the wooded scenes.

WARNING: If you like fast moving clips of beautiful foreign landscapes and snappy music, this video is NOT for you. The clips are way too long, and the sound track is slow. However, if you have nothing to do today, take a look.

@RadioFlyerMan i love your videos as you know ,and i was nearly fast asleep after this one ,it was very relaxing and peaceful ,

@RadioFlyerMan i love your videos as you know ,and i was nearly fast asleep after this one ,it was very relaxing and peaceful ,
Thanks... Not my best work and violated all the cinematic rules. But I gotta have something to do while waiting for Spring!

Yes, it's a real sleeper. Thus, the warning. :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: old man mavic
WARNING: If you like fast moving clips of beautiful foreign landscapes and snappy music, this video is NOT for you. The clips are way too long, and the sound track is slow. However, if you have nothing to do today, take a look.
Hi John,
wow, I liked very much thet short story of the Rock man! Amazing Location in the middle of the woods and your flying skills are really outstanding ? The music fits 100%, the only little critizism: I would have liked to see some closeup shots of the man on the roos working with the stones! All in all a very well done Video, compliment! ??? BTW, I also like the fading from black and white at the beginning and the end of the movie!
cheers Paul

I thoroughly enjoyed that video. Good little story and I love architecture using natural rock in that way. My only comment would be the addition of a few nature sounds in the background to add a bit more to the ambience.
Yes, excellent idea. I’ve done that in previous videos, but I got lazy on this one. It was supposed to be just a quickie.

Hi John,
wow, I liked very much thet short story of the Rock man! Amazing Location in the middle of the woods and your flying skills are really outstanding ? The music fits 100%, the only little critizism: I would have liked to see some closeup shots of the man on the roos working with the stones! All in all a very well done Video, compliment! ??? BTW, I also like the fading from black and white at the beginning and the end of the movie!
cheers Paul
Thanks, glad you liked it. You are correct about more closeups. The problem with the clips is that they were filmed for a whole different story line... a personal family video I made for my neighbor after his wife passed. So applying them to a whole different story line found them lacking in detail and focus. If I were to start over again, I’d have to do a whole lot more. For now, they served their purpose for an experimental sound track. ?

Thanks, glad you liked it. You are correct about more closeups. The problem with the clips is that they were filmed for a whole different story line... a personal family video I made for my neighbor after his wife passed. So applying them to a whole different story line found them lacking in detail and focus. If I were to start over again, I’d have to do a whole lot more. For now, they served their purpose for an experimental sound track. ?
you´r welcome John, thanks for the additional infos of the story, sorry for the rock man whose wife passed away ?

cheers Paul

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Nice and thanks for sharing.

Thanks John. I had nothing to do...and thoroughly enjoyed it. Touching to hear the backstory and am sure Rock Man appreciated your kindness. Looks like RM is of our generation, so I admire his patience, skill and vision when squirrelling those rocks. As he gets older I hope he does not try to exit that door at 2:45. LOL
Appreciated from Down Under.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3