DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Things You Do NOT Get With The Crystalsky......

Anthony

Reactions
So I have a 5.5 CS and although it does say in small letters on the DJI site what you dont get with the CS i just though i would say it in BIGGER letters here ....

You WILL need to but a charger for the CS

You WILL need to buy a 30cm USC C cable

The CS is supplied with a charging dock and one battery but thats it....

It is a ver nice screen im just not convinced its worth the current price while you still need to buy the missing items IMO.

It might be nice if something like this was a Sticky as i do normally read all of the detail when i am looking to buy something but i missed this at the time.

Reactions: Mark Brimblecombe
You get 2 batteries with the 7.85" HB version.

Imo the 5.5" is just too small, the 7.85" is perfect, I reckon it's also better value for money and I wouldn't be without mine, I think it's worth its hefty price tag.

Reactions: mavin
I didnt like the 7.85" it was way to big for me as i want to mount the CS below the controller. you can not dot this really with the 7.85" as it is to big.

And you still need to buy a charger and USB C cable for the 7.85" version

Reactions: Soft7 and philh24
I didnt like the 7.85" it was way to big for me as i want to mount the CS below the controller. you can not dot this really with the 7.85" as it is to big.

I found it to be plain as day what the announce. I have my charger, and I have my mounting bracket to hold a 7.85". I have everything I need. Now I just need the CrystalSky itself. Still waiting to order the 7.85" UB model.

Plus you do not have the ability to use 3rd party apps, so no Litchi or Autopilot etc, OK just realised Autopilot is IOS only, but you get my drift.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Plus you do not have the ability to use 3rd party apps, so no Litchi or Autopilot etc, OK just realised Autopilot is IOS only, but you get my drift.
Because it is an outdoor monitor. It's not advertised as an Android Tablet. Android, even limited, is just a bonus. Other professional outdoor monitors are just HDMI monitors and cost more than the CrystalSky.

Each to their own but in mounts like these it's perfectly balanced and compact.. I've heard people moan that the Mavic mounts make it bottom heavy! :D

20170728_200559_resized.jpg 20170728_200714_resized.jpg 20170728_200728_resized.jpg 20170728_200838_resized.jpg

Because it is an outdoor monitor. It's not advertised as an Android Tablet. Android, even limited, is just a bonus. Other professional outdoor monitors are just HDMI monitors and cost more than the CrystalSky.
Yes it is a "Locked down" Android system dedicated to the DJI app, which is good in many ways, many of us use a stripped down tablet with only DJI on it as a dedicated flying device,I still like my Litchi app, so no CS for me.

Don't mean to be picky but a micro usb B works just as well although I did buy a C too, for symmetry.. :)

As for 3rd party apps, the 'dark army' almost have that sorted.

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
So I have a 5.5 CS and although it does say in small letters on the DJI site what you dont get with the CS i just though i would say it in BIGGER letters here ....

You WILL need to but a charger for the CS

You WILL need to buy a 30cm USC C cable

The CS is supplied with a charging dock and one battery but thats it....

It is a ver nice screen im just not convinced its worth the current price while you still need to buy the missing items IMO.

It might be nice if something like this was a Sticky as i do normally read all of the detail when i am looking to buy something but i missed this at the time.
Seems that what you missed has been discussed here over and over again.

Hello everyone

I think I can appreciate what the original poster is trying to say here

As consumers we want to be able to buy everything that you need at one shot so that we can be ready to have fun with the product

It would be much better instead of offering it as an à la carte package to give it to me as a bundle so that I can open it up right out of the box put it all together make it work and get up there and fly

From the company perspective having it all together in the bundle with one price maximizes their profit margin

I can understand with different versions of monitor mounts you might want to sell that separately but that could be handled just as easily as checking it off as to which one you have and want / need

It’s probably that I’m just old-fashioned or maybe just old is the right thing to say but I would much rather have everything in the box necessary so that I can go out and play or in this case fly

thanks

Seems that what you missed has been discussed here over and over again.

Not sure what the point of your response is here as I have already clearly said that I had missed this ??

But keep the helpful posts coming ..

Hello everyone

I think I can appreciate what the original poster is trying to say here

As consumers we want to be able to buy everything that you need at one shot so that we can be ready to have fun with the product

It would be much better instead of offering it as an à la carte package to give it to me as a bundle so that I can open it up right out of the box put it all together make it work and get up there and fly

From the company perspective having it all together in the bundle with one price maximizes their profit margin

I can understand with different versions of monitor mounts you might want to sell that separately but that could be handled just as easily as checking it off as to which one you have and want / need

It’s probably that I’m just old-fashioned or maybe just old is the right thing to say but I would much rather have everything in the box necessary so that I can go out and play or in this case fly

thanks

You are spot on Insul8Man.... you just put it a lot better than I did :)

And it is defiantly because I am old :) because I clearly missed this detail in my rush to purchase a ClearSky screen it left me having to wait over a week to be able to use it.

I have now completed three flights with the screen and can confirm this is a fantastic screen and the 5.5 is a perfect fit for me.

Reactions: dck22
It may be that the CS was developed and was not particularly aimed at the Mavic market. Any of the more substantial drones already have a compatible charger and wouldn't require yet another charger.
However we are lucky that this thing will work with the mavic and all we need to do is purchase an inexpensive charger and some other form of mounting to make us of it.

Not sure what the point of your response is here as I have already clearly said that I had missed this ??

But keep the helpful posts coming ..
the point of my response was that I dont believe a company should supply all the hardware for all different configurations for people that dont read the specs. It seemed that you were saying that it was a very obscure reference to the charger somewhere, but I am saying it was widely discussed and very easy to obtain the information before the purchase.

Reactions: Pedro
the point of my response was that I dont believe a company should supply all the hardware for all different configurations for people that dont read the specs. It seemed that you were saying that it was a very obscure reference to the charger somewhere, but I am saying it was widely discussed and very easy to obtain the information before the purchase.
Likewise. I think it's a rather hard to miss piece of information. I have everything but the CrystalSky. So I'm prepared for when my UltraBright model finally arrives. :)

What ever they give you be it a charger or mount for this or that quad is just going to increase the price. I already have half a dozen dji chargers and surly don’t need another.

What ever they give you be it a charger or mount for this or that quad is just going to increase the price. I already have half a dozen dji chargers and surly don’t need another.

Yeah it's only the Mavic pilots whinging about the charger, everyone else already has one.

I'm more pissed off that we're stuck with an outdated version of THE ONLY bloody app allowed on thing.

Quite ....

Well I like lots of other Mavic owners do not have multiple DJI Drones and that's the point ...

Yeah it's only the Mavic pilots whinging about the charger, everyone else already has one.

I'm more pissed off that we're stuck with an outdated version of THE ONLY bloody app allowed on thing.

Really "everyone else already has one" .....

And you missed the detail that you can only use DJI apps on the CS ?? Tut tut.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929