DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The U.S Airforce is Looking for a Few Good Drone Pilots

I drove past Creech AFB, a little north of Las Vegas, where those drone pilots work. If you like your workplace to be the inside of a construction camp trailer, then this gig is for you. :(

And as a pilot you will likely never see the light of day while you are at work.

Reactions: The Droning Company
Very true, in a little room on the other side of the planet.
Similar to our remote ore train drivers, now 'driving' 2.5km to 3km long iron ore trains in the NW of the country, remotely from 1200km - 1500km away in Perth, Western Australia.

Not sure what'll happen when / if these military drones are ever needed over US airspace.
The FAA is not going to allow them to fly unless they can see the aircraft, but they should be able to see them a little further than ours 😝

Years ago(early 80’s)there was a young guy that had been flying remote control airplanes from when he could hold a controller. His family owned a hobby store for everything that flys. We were attending a flying event that had a large crowd. In the crowd were two guys with Air Force attire.
They saw the abilities that this young guy had(17 years old at the time)and offered him a job. His participation in the drone program I‘m sure was a benefit to many.

Very true, in a little room on the other side of the planet.
Similar to our remote ore train drivers, now 'driving' 2.5km to 3km long iron ore trains in the NW of the country, remotely from 1200km - 1500km away in Perth, Western Australia.

Not sure what'll happen when / if these military drones are ever needed over US airspace.
The FAA is not going to allow them to fly unless they can see the aircraft, but they should be able to see them a little further than ours 😝
The FAA has no control over the military

Sure mate, I know, the little emoticon man must have turned invisible, ha ha.

If there ever was such a scenario, I think drones (even ours) would be moved waaaay down the scale of importance in the eyes of any authority.

Let's hope that never eventuates . . .
I used to think the World was sort of getting over all that, but lately . . .

The military has their own aviation apparatus that still has to cooperate with civilain operations. If you fly through an MOA and you don't talk to them while they are busy, you don't find them they find you (interception).

Sure mate, I know, the little emoticon man must have turned invisible, ha ha.

If there ever was such a scenario, I think drones (even ours) would be moved waaaay down the scale of importance in the eyes of any authority.

Let's hope that never eventuates . . .
I used to think the World was sort of getting over all that, but lately . . .
Governments have really strange priorities.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580