DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The USS ALABAMA

MPone

Reactions

She began her World War II adventures in the North Atlantic in 1943, then later that year, went to the South Pacific seas. Home to a crew of 2,500 courageous Americans, this 45,000 ton war machine’s WWII adventure culminated with BB-60 leading the American Fleet into Tokyo Bay on September 5, 1945. Nine Battle Stars for meritorious service were awarded the “Mighty A” during her brief three year tenure as the “Heroine of the Pacific”.

She began her World War II adventures in the North Atlantic in 1943, then later that year, went to the South Pacific seas. Home to a crew of 2,500 courageous Americans, this 45,000 ton war machine’s WWII adventure culminated with BB-60 leading the American Fleet into Tokyo Bay on September 5, 1945. Nine Battle Stars for meritorious service were awarded the “Mighty A” during her brief three year tenure as the “Heroine of the Pacific”.
Very cool flight. Great ship for sure. Hope to visit it one day. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: MPone
Outstanding video and very strange to see it without tourists all over the decks. I've done the tour several times and have immensely enjoyed it each time. Thanks for sharing. Photo below was taken one very cold winter day in December 2013.

View attachment 1125201599413770227.png

Very cool video! I’ve been there multiple times,and it’s cool to see it from the air.

Outstanding video and very strange to see it without tourists all over the decks. I've done the tour several times and have immensely enjoyed it each time. Thanks for sharing. Photo below was taken one very cold winter day in December 2013.

View attachment 112520View attachment 112521

Thanks, reason there weren't anyone one around was because the museum was closed at the end of the day.

Thanks, reason there weren't anyone one around was because the museum was closed at the end of the day.
Oh, ok. I thought maybe it was shut down due to COVID-19. I'm glad you had good timing for the video and really enjoyed seeing it from the air. Great job!

Nice! The Battleship New Jersey is one of my favorite places to fly. I believe they were commissioned around the same time and are the same class of ship.

Nice videography.
Did you need special permission to fly over and around the battleship?

Nice! The Battleship New Jersey is one of my favorite places to fly. I believe they were commissioned around the same time and are the same class of ship.
Actually the USS Alabama was one of four Dakota class battleships (BB-57 thru BB-60). The USS New Jersey was an Iowa Class, being one of six in its class, and commissioned a year after the USS Alabama.

Hi KC....nice flying. You weren't totally alone - did you notice that you got a wave at 2:09?
Can't imagine the noise exposure during total weapon fire.
Safe flying...from Down Under.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 9.16.33 am.png

No permission required. Just don't fly too close.
Did you inquire with anyone at the site? I take it the battleships are not considered National Paris or National Monuments where flying is prohibited.

Did you inquire with anyone at the site? I take it the battleships are not considered National Paris or National Monuments where flying is prohibited.
I see they do have a strict drone policy at their website: https://www.ussalabama.com/drone-policy/
Additionally Airmap shows part of the airspace requires authorization: AirMap Web App

But I have heard of others who take off just east of the park and fly to the battleship with Airmap Authorization.

Hi KC....nice flying. You weren't totally alone - did you notice that you got a wave at 2:09?
Can't imagine the noise exposure during total weapon fire.
Safe flying...from Down Under.

View attachment 112616

Yes I noticed there were some people on board. DJI needs to make the mavics more quiet and stealthy. If weapons are active, the M2Pone would be shredded to pieces.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest