DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

These guys converted a DJI Mavic Air into an FPV racing drone!

Some serious low level flying for sure. But (probably) sooner or later the Air will get problems with the arm swivels, just like the Pro. It is not designed to be in sport mode all the time, certainly not while doing crazy dodging like this.

Not a good idea at all. If you want a awesome Racing quad build or buy a Bind n fly . Hacking a Mavic Air to turn it into a racing quad makes no sense at all. Unless your objective is to throw away money.

It's pretty cool how they just drop it and it's suddenly all taken apart. ;);)

Not a good idea at all. If you want a awesome Racing quad build or buy a Bind n fly . Hacking a Mavic Air to turn it into a racing quad makes no sense at all. Unless your objective is to throw away money.
yea, but its guys like this that innovate and bring new things to the table.
Im sure people said the same thing when they say others pulling apart their nintendo Wii controllers to make a quadcopter that was easy to fly

Reactions: Jerry
I wouldn't consider what they did "innovating". They simply gutted a Mavic Air and stuffed FPV electronics in it. How is that innovating? What problem were they trying to solve? What benefits were they bringing to the Mavic Air or to Drones in general? They are basically using the chassis and motors from the Mavic Air, the FC and maybe ESCs from FPV drones. What did they do that was innovative? Please explain...

They didn't even use the DJI camera or else why do they have a GoPro strapped to it? They are using an external TBS antennae too...

And if you asked them, I bet "innovation" was nowhere in the discussion. What they built is simply an FPV drone in MA guise and poorly done at that too. Real innovators would have been able to use the MA camera and its internals (or some), hacking into the firmware allowing one to switch between an AP mode and true FPV mode. Not gutting it... DJI drones are very complex, more so than FPV drones. The capability is there to make it work like an FPV drone, it's just the programming...

yea, but its guys like this that innovate and bring new things to the table.
Im sure people said the same thing when they say others pulling apart their nintendo Wii controllers to make a quadcopter that was easy to fly

I wouldn't consider what they did "innovating". They simply gutted a Mavic Air and stuffed FPV electronics in it. How is that innovating? What problem were they trying to solve? What benefits were they bringing to the Mavic Air or to Drones in general? They are basically using the chassis and motors from the Mavic Air, the FC and maybe ESCs from FPV drones. What did they do that was innovative? Please explain...

They didn't even use the DJI camera or else why do they have a GoPro strapped to it? They are using an external TBS antennae too...

And if you asked them, I bet "innovation" was nowhere in the discussion. What they built is simply an FPV drone in MA guise and poorly done at that too. Real innovators would have been able to use the MA camera and its internals (or some), hacking into the firmware allowing one to switch between an AP mode and true FPV mode. Not gutting it... DJI drones are very complex, more so than FPV drones. The capability is there to make it work like an FPV drone, it's just the programming...
Dude...
They were just playing. Sometimes this is where ideas come from. I never actually said they where innovating with this project, but that it’s people like this that do innovate. Not sure why you are so concerned

This guy did it to a P3.....
He is an incredible pilot! check out some of his other videos if you like!

I think it's a very good idea... I also a mavic air user...
Honestly, after i learn manual mode flying, and hack my MAvic air sports mode switch to ATTI mode, it's very fun... and it can increase your skills, when you lost your GPS signal (example flying inside building)...

So, if you can mod your mavic into FPV mode, even cannot manouvre like a real FPV drones, it will be very fun....

I think it's a very good idea... I also a mavic air user...
Honestly, after i learn manual mode flying, and hack my MAvic air sports mode switch to ATTI mode, it's very fun... and it can increase your skills, when you lost your GPS signal (example flying inside building)...

So, if you can mod your mavic into FPV mode, even cannot manouvre like a real FPV drones, it will be very fun....
So how do you hack for atti???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61