DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

They're Here!!! Taking Questions...

Achilles

Reactions
Got home from work and these were waiting. Christmas in May.

Breaking them out as we speak. More than happy to answer questions.

fdb93378513ec488972c6d0be3e64b89.jpg

It works on Android I understand. Is this internal or does it rely on a tablet for the OS?
So if it's the latter, then I can't use my Apple devices at all?
If so, no Goggles for me. Shame on you DJI!
I think I most of us use iOS ?

The googles run an OS internally and don't have to be connected to any device to function, except a drone. As far as I know, they are not connecting or using your phone or controller OS.

Merry Christmas!! How do you like them? I have not gotten a chance to order them yet (keep getting closed out of the pre-order) but I plan on getting them soon (well hopefully)! I have a pair of head play goggles already that I use with my nvidia k1 (hdmi) and I love the hp goggles. I can't see flying without them if you have a pair (hopefully this prepares me to fly with the DJI Goggles). I know that they must be very high quality, being from DJI, so I'm already assuming that you are already in love with them. My concern would be the mouse pad on the side of the goggles, I hate the mouse pads on the laptops so I always use a wireless mouse. What do you think about the mouse pad on the goggles and do you think that it's going to be a hassle to use or not?

I ordered mine from Dronenerds and will be getting them tomorrow! My biggest concern is the weight of them. I do have two ruptured disks in my neck that the sawbones have been wanting to fuse together for years now. What's your take on how they balance? Guess I'll know myself soon enough but since you're "taking questions." ;)

Can it be used as standalone VR headsets? (ie. put movies on SD card can watch it / connect to Playstation 4 for gaming?)

Merry Christmas!! How do you like them? I have not gotten a chance to order them yet (keep getting closed out of the pre-order) but I plan on getting them soon (well hopefully)! I have a pair of head play goggles already that I use with my nvidia k1 (hdmi) and I love the hp goggles. I can't see flying without them if you have a pair (hopefully this prepares me to fly with the DJI Goggles). I know that they must be very high quality, being from DJI, so I'm already assuming that you are already in love with them. My concern would be the mouse pad on the side of the goggles, I hate the mouse pads on the laptops so I always use a wireless mouse. What do you think about the mouse pad on the goggles and do you think that it's going to be a hassle to use or not?

Two days now and I totally think they are worth the money. The image quality is insane - surprisingly crisp. Weight is not as much of an issue as I had originally thought but you aren't going to be wearing them for hours. Flying, at least for me, is a whole new experience. They offer a completely new experience and force you to learn a whole new toolset for controlling your drone. They're def a learning curve. Mouse pad on the side is shockingly responsive and the "two finger swipe forward and backwards to lock and unlock" helps a lot - cuts down on accidental input. UI is insanely simple and intuitive - they got that part dead-on. So far, totally worth it.

I ordered mine from Dronenerds and will be getting them tomorrow! My biggest concern is the weight of them. I do have two ruptured disks in my neck that the sawbones have been wanting to fuse together for years now. What's your take on how they balance? Guess I'll know myself soon enough but since you're "taking questions." ;)
Good question and my biggest concern really. So, still early to really tell but they're not as heavy as they look or I expected. In the hand, they are feather-lite but when worn for an hour straight, you def start to feel them on your neck. Happily surprised to be honest.

Reactions: flyingduck88
I am sooooo jealous!!! I can't wait until I can get on a waiting list, haha!!

Do the headband and screen need to be connected when charging? Even with the battery in the back of the headband.

Mine won't recognise my 64GB sandisc micro sd card, can someone confirm that their sd card is being read by the goggles. The card works fine in the Mavic. The original Panasonic 16GB card supplied with Mavic works in both Mavic and the Goggles. Please help I'm losing patience, and don't want to send back.

Mine won't recognise my 64GB sandisc micro sd card, can someone confirm that their sd card is being read by the goggles. The card works fine in the Mavic. The original Panasonic 16GB card supplied with Mavic works in both Mavic and the Goggles. Please help I'm losing patience, and don't want to send back.

Where do you put the video (folder) ? Can you format this card ?

Put the card from the Mavic 64gb sandisc loaded with 1080p 30fps flight recordings into the goggles and it says no files. Tried formatting card in the goggles not recognised. 16gb panasonic card works fine.

Put the card from the Mavic 64gb sandisc loaded with 1080p 30fps flight recordings into the goggles and it says no files. Tried formatting card in the goggles not recognised. 16gb panasonic card works fine.

you are on Mac or PC ? Format this card (MS DOS) and create folders DCIM > 100MEDIA and put yours videos here.

In fact i hope dji upgrade his google's firmware...

I am android, I even tried copying all the folders and files from a 16gb card that worked in Goggles onto the 64gb card, still could not read the card.

Yup, my 64GB Sandisk Extreme is readable in the goggles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121