Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thieves break window and steal drone from car in heavy traffic in California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckhunter50

Reactions

Camera equipment, drone worth $7,000 stolen from a moving car in San Francisco

A videograb shows the thief smashing the rear window of the car.

In a rather bizarre robbery in San Francisco a thief broke into the moving car at a busy traffic intersection and escaped with camera equipment and a drone worth $7,000.
In a clip posted by a twitter user @amegregan shows a man in a dark hoodie and dark pants pouncing on to a moving Prius in the middle of San Francisco traffic.

The clip was taken from a dashcam footage of the incident which happened on Friday.
As the Silver Prius stopped a few feet ahead, the thief popped out of the back seat of a black Honda, driven by his partner in crime.
It took the thief only nine seconds to smash the Prius’ rear-window and making off with the stolen goods in faster than nine seconds.
The victims did stormed out of their car to catch the culprit but were not as quick as the thieves were.
Later the victims said that thieves followed them after they had left a video shoot.

I hate to see this happen to anybody. I guess be aware of who might be paying a little too much attention.

Such bad experience, at least no one was hurt. :)

" Camera car " in perfect spot , short video too !
That could have just been someones dashcam but yeah. The people that jumped out never even looked at the other car too. I slowed it way down and zoomed it. The way that glass broke when he pulled the package out just looked un-natural. His arms would have been jacked.

Last edited:
Are you guys kidding me?... so you think this is fake?

I see absolutely nothing amiss in the whole ordeal, especially the way the glass broke or the actions of anyone around. This is automotive safety glass and NO his arms would not have been "jacked", especially wearing a hoody jacket.

Also, if this is "fake" or staged, why did they have to try twice?

I have a dash cam on all my vehicles, I see nothing strange about this.

Take it for what it is, I am sure we will learn more.

Are you guys kidding me?... so you think this is fake?

I see absolutely nothing amiss in the whole ordeal, especially the way the glass broke or the actions of anyone around. This is automotive safety glass and NO his arms would not have been "jacked", especially wearing a hoody jacket.

Also, if this is "fake" or staged, why did they have to try twice?

I have a dash cam on all my vehicles, I see nothing strange about this.

Take it for what it is, I am sure we will learn more.
Sorry. It absolutely looks staged after watching the original video on Gulf Today . The people that ran out never once looked at the other vehicle. But.......... I guess if it gets on fakebook it must be real lol.

Reactions: Masbrew
How did they know what was in the car (tinted window) let alone what was in the case ?

Reactions: Masbrew and Gygax
I agree that nothing looks fake about the video. Happily, the license plate of the robbers' car is easy to read--let's hope it's not itself stolen, and the assigned detective gets the jerks.

It appears that something fell out of the robbers' car the first time the door opened. Would be delightful if it had thieves' fingerprints/DNA.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Sigh... Why do some people insist on making every thread about this same beaten-to-death subject?
Because these people stalked them and jacked their equipment afterwards. It’s a reality for many. Maybe not for you, but imagine these guys with an application that tells them exactly where anyone in range is at any given moment. Crimes of opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato