DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking of buying Air 2.

MavicMaverick92

Reactions
So I'm thinking of buying a Mavic Air 2 but since I know it's a higher end drone I'm worried if it'll work with my Samsung Galaxy A6 phone. Trust me, I'd love to upgrade my phone but it does it's job so I don't see a need to upgrade yet. But if it doesn't work with the Air 2, then I just won't buy an Air 2. Lol. I used to fly the Mavic Mini and had no problems except my own user error but I'd rather find out if it works on my phone before paying $900. Thanks in advance!

He is referring the Smart Controller which allows you fly Several DJI drones with just a push of the button.
What I would do is just purchase the drone from Amazon and if works , good and if not send it back.

Even if someone tells you that it does work , there maybe some hoops you need to jump or things you have to sacrifice , so better to just get the Drone , its a fantastic drone but for the price would get the Air 2S .

Hopefully they will have another Price break on the Air 2

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on the Water. That is why we love this drone.

He is referring the Smart Controller which allows you fly Several DJI drones with just a push of the button.
What I would do is just purchase the drone from Amazon and if works , good and if not send it back.

Even if someone tells you that it does work , there maybe some hoops you need to jump or things you have to sacrifice , so better to just get the Drone , its a fantastic drone but for the price would get the Air 2S .

Hopefully they will have another Price break on the Air 2

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on the Water. That is why we love this drone.
Yea I saw the Air 2s just came out but it's $1k with only 1 battery. Amazon has the Air 2 fly more for $860 used so it wins there. Lol. The Fly More for the Air 2s is probably gonna be like $1,300 or more I bet.

Yea I saw the Air 2s just came out but it's $1k with only 1 battery. Amazon has the Air 2 fly more for $860 used so it wins there. Lol. The Fly More for the Air 2s is probably gonna be like $1,300 or more I bet.
Not sure where your seeing the MA2 Fly More for under $900 on Amazon, its $988, unless its used or refurbed..

But your still may wind up needing a better device to Fly with.... good luck

Not sure where your seeing the MA2 Fly More for under $900 on Amazon, its $988, unless its used or refurbed..

Yea I mentioned that it's used. Used doesn't really bother me, especially to save $100. Lol. But if my phone doesn't work with it then I'm not gonna get it. I can't afford the SC or a new phone so that's depressing. Thanks for the info though.

Yea I mentioned that it's used. Used doesn't really bother me, especially to save $100. Lol. But if my phone doesn't work with it then I'm not gonna get it. I can't afford the SC or a new phone so that's depressing. Thanks for the info though.
There are slews of deals for phones out there now, you might want to look around before thinking that you cannot afford a new phone. T-Mobile I think has some interesting deals going on, but if your glued to a provider for some reason, you'll have to see what offers they may have going... there is always something usually.

Reactions: ATW
There are slews of deals for phones out there now, you might want to look around before thinking that you cannot afford a new phone. T-Mobile I think has some interesting deals going on, but if your glued to a provider for some reason, you'll have to see what offers they may have going... there is always something usually.
True. Thing is I paid $300 for this phone a couple years ago and if it's too cheap to work with the MA2 then I don't want to think about what price I need to spend on a compatible phone. Lol. Especially if I have to spend the money on the drone and a new phone. At that point I might as well just buy the SC combo actually cuz I saw those for $1,300.
On that note, I personally don't like the screen being below the controls. After I got the phone mount for my Mini 1 controller, I felt more confident in my hand eye coordination while flying cuz it was above my thumb sticks. Also I'm pretty sure my thumbs would block out the top corners of the screen on the SC and that makes me nervous. I like to have full view of my screen in case of birds or a branch that's a little close.

True. Thing is I paid $300 for this phone a couple years ago and if it's too cheap to work with the MA2 then I don't want to think about what price I need to spend on a compatible phone. Lol. Especially if I have to spend the money on the drone and a new phone. At that point I might as well just buy the SC combo actually cuz I saw those for $1,300.
On that note, I personally don't like the screen being below the controls. After I got the phone mount for my Mini 1 controller, I felt more confident in my hand eye coordination while flying cuz it was above my thumb sticks. Also I'm pretty sure my thumbs would block out the top corners of the screen on the SC and that makes me nervous. I like to have full view of my screen in case of birds or a branch that's a little close.
Tech always changes, your phone may work, you will not know until you try it, or if someone else has already indicated perhaps that it will not?

Prices always change too, some deals out there for speedy phones may make them less than what you paid for what you have for a far better device... Never know till you look to see if you can find the better phone for a great deal.

I picked up a clean used Galaxy s9 for the MA2 so if my S7 takes a dumb, can just swap sim cards and be back in business !

I've been flying my MA2 with an aftermarket mount and a $129 generic (walmart) tablet since new. Works like it should...you might keep that in mind and save a couple bucks!

You could easily buy a used phone that would work. For myself, I would rather have a new drone and single new battery than a used drone with spares cuz not every one treats their batteries with the required care and also I'm lazy and I rarely feel like flying more than one battery. I have to say I love the Flymore bag even though it is not on everyone's top ten list.

I got a refurbished one for $849 and it’s just like new.

I've been flying my MA2 with an aftermarket mount and a $129 generic (walmart) tablet since new. Works like it should...you might keep that in mind and save a couple bucks!
Hate to bug ya again, but what tablet do you use? I got the drone and it works with my phone but I'd really like to use a tablet for the bigger screen so I can see better. Thanks in advance!

I first started with my Note 9. Generous for a phone but not enough. I upgraded to a Galaxy Tab A7 10.4" with a hood. I will not use anything else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000