• Less than £700

• £700-£800

• £800-£900

• £900-£1000

• More than £1000

Results are only viewable after voting.

TonyN

Reactions
For a number of reasons, I'm thinking of getting rid (reluctantly) of the Mavic.

I absolutely love it, one of the best purchases I have made, but, I think it's going.

I'm just wondering what everyone, honestly thinks is a fair price for it in Sterling-UK pounds.

I've had it since January, bought from Apple in the UK. Its the standard version (not fly more combo). It's been up in the air for just shy of 11 hours, had NO crashes, is in excellent condition. I bought a new battery 2 weeks ago which had had one charge and flight. Still in the original box with spare props. Its like new.

You have a Mavic, that you absolutely love, is in excellent condition, but want to sell. That raises a red flag without additional details. WHY are you selling it?

You have a Mavic, that you absolutely love, is in excellent condition, but want to sell. That raises a red flag without additional details. WHY are you selling it?

Yes, please tell us why you want to sell it.

If it is in good condition... I think you should find a buyer for at least 70% of what you paid. It is still very current, capable, and desireable.

Reactions: TonyN
I bought it in Jan having spent about 2 years wanting a drone of some sort. When the Mavic launched, like most, I had to have one. I justified the purchase telling myself I would maybe do some work on the side to recoup part of my outlay. Sadly, my job makes it really difficult (not impossible) to run a business as well and I can't really afford the extra outlay to get me up and running.

Moreover, my Mrs is about to drop our first born and I would really like a decent camera to take stills/vids with to capture all those precious moments and baby firsts. Again, I can't really afford to go out and splash the cash on one, so selling the Mavic to fund it seems logical. I figure it's worth letting go now though whilst I can get back most of what I paid for it, rather than it just devalue with limited use.

I also need new golf clubs so anything left over would go towards them :D

If it is in good condition... I think you should find a buyer for at least 70% of what you paid. It is still very current, capable, and desireable.

Thanks,

This is the reason I think now is a good time. With the littlun about to land, I fear I'll leave it in the office gathering dust and the next Mavic will drop and I'll be stuck with something worth next to nothing in a couple of years.

I'm pegging 750 is a fair price.

Really, that low? Given they are still retailing for £1100, with an extra battery, in mint condition and only 11 hours flight time. I'd be losing £425 in 4.5 months. I'm not disagreeing by the way, just keen to know what your reasoning is, as I have no idea how to price it. I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

Really, that low? Given they are still retailing for £1100, with an extra battery, in mint condition and only 11 hours flight time. I'd be losing £425 in 4.5 months. I'm not disagreeing by the way, just keen to know what your reasoning is, as I have no idea how to price it. I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks
Oh sorry. I wasn't aware of UK retail value. Then I would say 850-900

I bought it in Jan having spent about 2 years wanting a drone of some sort. When the Mavic launched, like most, I had to have one. I justified the purchase telling myself I would maybe do some work on the side to recoup part of my outlay. Sadly, my job makes it really difficult (not impossible) to run a business as well and I can't really afford the extra outlay to get me up and running.

Moreover, my Mrs is about to drop our first born and I would really like a decent camera to take stills/vids with to capture all those precious moments and baby firsts. Again, I can't really afford to go out and splash the cash on one, so selling the Mavic to fund it seems logical. I figure it's worth letting go now though whilst I can get back most of what I paid for it, rather than it just devalue with limited use.

I also need new golf clubs so anything left over would go towards them :D
Use the Mavic to film the birth.
Put it in Tripod mode and you are good to go!
No need to get rid of it.

Reactions: TonyN and Cbslagle
Use the Mavic to film the birth.
Put it in Tripod mode and you are good to go!
No need to get rid of it.
I can picture it now, the Mavic hovering over her and the doctors filming the birth taking place, that must really make the labor exciting. :D

I can picture it now, the Mavic hovering over her and the doctors filming the birth taking place, that must really make the labor exciting. :D
I am pretty sure it would be the first delivery filmed by drone, dji could sponsor the diapers, lease the footage to the media split the proceeds into a university fund and a retirement nestegg for your progenie perhaps you would have a little left over to procure an Inspire 2?

Thanks,

This is the reason I think now is a good time. With the littlun about to land, I fear I'll leave it in the office gathering dust and the next Mavic will drop and I'll be stuck with something worth next to nothing in a couple of years.
Hey OP, if that's really your only reason to get rid of it, and you really want to keep it.... I've got a pretty ba$$ camera you can straight up have. It's an LX 5. A few years old but it's extremely capable of family snapshits and video. Google, if you want it, you just pay to get to your side of the pond and you can still keep your Mavic

Well... I think if your thinking of selling it - do it now. You never know what the next 'mouse trap' is going to look like and when it is going to be announced. There are a lot of people very interested in this machine and I think you'll find a new home for it quickly.
My biggest concern here in the states is pending regulations prohibiting flying beyond line-of-sight and the requirement for a spotter if you fly FPV. I'm still keeping my machine - this remarkable videos and photos I get are worth it regardless of line-of-sight and FPV restrictions.

Hey OP, if that's really your only reason to get rid of it, and you really want to keep it.... I've got a pretty ba$$ camera you can straight up have. It's an LX 5. A few years old but it's extremely capable of family snapshits and video. Google, if you want it, you just pay to get to your side of the pond and you can still keep your Mavic

This is extremely kind. Very touching. Thanks. I'll politely decline the offer, because I'd feel extremely guilty taking it, and feel I could never let the Mavic go.

As much as I want to keep it, I honestly feel i would have fair few opportunities to get it out in the next year. Maybe I use Tripod mode one last time for the birth though :D

The impending updates, flying restrictions in citys etc do worry me.

I'll probably end up getting one again in a few years time.

If you want that kind of return on it now is the time to sell I think. Starting to see some lower UK prices creeping in. £819 in the link below and spare batteries at £69.

https://www.tobydeals.com/en_GB/product/dji-mavic-pro-rtf-kit.html?gclid=CNDEj8KB29QCFe637QodfPgEkg

Reactions: Myha and TonyN
Anyone used them? Seems a good price but Hong kong based. Wouldnt be handing my hard earned over to them in a hurry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007