DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking of selling my Mavic 2 Zoom

1buddyc

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm thinking of selling my Zoom as I have a Mavic 2 Pro with the Smart Controller on order.
My Zoom was purchased by me from a Member here, still in the unopened box. I had my Son bind it to my iPad for me and update the firmware and he never flew it. I never got around to flying it either. It's never been flown.
It comes with all the items that comes in a new Kit with most of them still in the unopened wrapping. I also have some extras I could sell too, that I never used such as Prop Holders, Filters, Extended Legs and a really nice Pgytech Hard Case. I also intalled the Magnetic Charge Port on the Controller so that the flimsy Charge Port could never be damaged when charging the Controller itself.
If you might be interested in all or part, please contact me via Conversations and we can discuss it. And like I said, I'm only thinking about selling it for now unless someone can make me an offer I cant refuse. Thanks, Buddy in Texas.

Reactions: mnis
I'm thinking of selling my Zoom as I have a Mavic 2 Pro with the Smart Controller on order.
My Zoom was purchased by me from a Member here, still in the unopened box. I had my Son bind it to my iPad for me and update the firmware and he never flew it. I never got around to flying it either. It's never been flown.
It comes with all the items that comes in a new Kit with most of them still in the unopened wrapping. I also have some extras I could sell too, that I never used such as Prop Holders, Filters, Extended Legs and a really nice Pgytech Hard Case. I also intalled the Magnetic Charge Port on the Controller so that the flimsy Charge Port could never be damaged when charging the Controller itself.
If you might be interested in all or part, please contact me via Conversations and we can discuss it. And like I said, I'm only thinking about selling it for now unless someone can make me an offer I cant refuse. Thanks, Buddy in Texas.

Can you post a link to an example of the magnetic charge port you reference above?

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Hi 1buddyc

I'm interested in all. How much would it cost?

Best regards,
DrMax

Consider just buying the M2P gimbal/camera assembly for around $550 USD. It's about 6 screws and a ribbon cable, extremely easy to swap.

Consider just buying the M2P gimbal/camera assembly for around $550 USD. It's about 6 screws and a ribbon cable, extremely easy to swap.
I had thought about that CanadaDrone, good information. But if I did it that way, I'd still be looking at then buying a Smart Controller for $649.
If I sell my Zoom complete, then I can recoup a lot of my expense for the Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller Kit I already ordered. It's actually cheaper for me to buy a complete new Kit with the Smart Controller as part of it.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I had thought about that CanadaDrone, good information. But if I did it that way, I'd still be looking at then buying a Smart Controller for $649.
If I sell my Zoom complete, then I can recoup a lot of my expense for the Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller Kit I already ordered. It's actually cheaper for me to buy a complete new Kit with the Smart Controller as part of it.

Fair point if you are looking to take advantage of the savings buying the SC as a bundle with the Pro.

I have that exact combo and you're going to love it. You also give up almost nothing compared to the Zoom, because you get lossless 28mm and 40mm 4K equivalents on the Pro (vs 24-48mm on the zoom), without all the performance drawbacks of the Zoom's camera.

Reactions: charliesRig
1Buddyc, when you are flying do you keep that magnet usb in and attach cables to fly? I’m trying to find out if I buy them like you did can I fly with them in? Are they compatible with DJI? I’m not explaining it correctly I know, you know how some apple cords don’t work cuz they are junk or they are missing some super secret part. Sorry for all the bla bla bla

1Buddyc, when you are flying do you keep that magnet usb in and attach cables to fly? I’m trying to find out if I buy them like you did can I fly with them in? Are they compatible with DJI? I’m not explaining it correctly I know, you know how some apple cords don’t work cuz they are junk or they are missing some super secret part. Sorry for all the bla bla bla

Yes Smalls, the little Magnetic USB Plug stays in the Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom Controller all the time, in the Charge Port. It just plugs in like the regular Charge Cable does. It's magnetized so when you need to charge your Controller, just get the Charge Cord within about an inch or so of the magnetized USB Plug and it connects itself. I guess this will work in any DJI controller as long as the Controller
has a USB Port as the charge port.
Here's a couple pics of the Charge Port Cable, pic 1 is of the cable with the USB Port connected to the cable and pic 2 shows what the USB Port Magnetic Plug looks like.
The last 2 pics show my Zoom Controller with the Magnetic Plug installed. Hope this answers your question.

CIMG3630.JPGCIMG3631.JPGCIMG3632.JPGCIMG3633.JPG

Thanks so much for replying, even after reading what I wrote I was hoping you would understand. Thanks buddy, I’m ordering a few right now!!

Hate to just jump in but am,I use those also on my TX and the only issue I have had with them is I sometimes pull it straight out and when I do the piece inside the TX comes out also so have learned to just kinda pull the cord down so to speak and it comes right off .Just a tip and sorry OP just jump in.
I love them also .0ROJYyg.png

I have NEVER had the problem that you guys are talking about, I actually feel left out. But I have always been extremely gentle when pushing or pulling usb cords. 1st time I ever heard about there being a problem with these type of connections was here, so now I take extreme caution when working with these plugs. I ain’t smarts enough to fix er up if I done brakes er. It would have to go back to DJI for several weeks just over a plug. Thank “YOU PEOPLE” for bringing it up and warning the rest of us

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405