DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This Camera is built to detect and take down drones

I’m confused as to how this can work. The radio link from the controller to the drone in most modern drones is encrypted to prevent just this sort of thing.

If it's possible to take over a DJI drone, why can't 3rd party R/C manufacturers create non-DJI remotes for DJI drones? I wonder if that drone capture company was given access to DJI's encryption protocols.

thanks for sharing!

I’m confused as to how this can work. The radio link from the controller to the drone in most modern drones is encrypted to prevent just this sort of thing.
The encryption must not be very good really as the military and intelligence community do have frequency hoppers that contacts different frequencies by pointing a receiver dish at it and to check the frequency that it's operating at and then replicate it or jamming entirely essentially rendering your actual controller null and void that is how I heard it describe to me from a SWAT member of the police force because they like to use them to ensure that whatever Target they're looking at does not get that bird's eye view of their activity and they also use them at protests and things like that they can even pinpoint the exact location of the controller itself you're holding I'm sure it's classified technology I don't really know the legality of using it as they would need to have just cause from a legal standpoint

Reactions: inca
You blast enough RF spectrum, with a crazy amount of power, and you can scramble almost anything a consumer has.
These things are not "hardened"......

You blast enough RF spectrum, with a crazy amount of power, and you can scramble almost anything a consumer has.
These things are not "hardened"......
But this device isn't scrambling the signal. It claims to be able to take control of the drone which requires it to be able to somehow overcome the signal encryption.

You have to think that private use of that technology would open up someone to litigation. I'm guessing that technology is also not compliant with FCC regulations and might cross FAA boundaries. I'm honestly shocked a drone was not been used in a major terrorist attack on US soil or waters. For example, there are a good number of videos on YT of individuals chasing cruise ships with drones. I find those videos interesting but drones have to represent a security risk to cruise ships if exploited by the wrong person.

It almost feels like we are headed down the SDI or Star Wars missile defense system path (for those of use old enough to remember the Reagan era) of technology to protect sensitive/high profile targets from drone based attacks.

My drone's connection with me was broken by a military jammer. They claimed they can't take control of the drone but just jam the signal between the controller and the bird and cause it to crash/land/fly off. Mine flew off in a straight line for the 2 seconds I could see it before a building blocked my view.

This video is talking about 2020, so it must be at least a year old. I imagine that it's more widespread this tech by now.

Great list, looks comprehensive, but I couldn't see at first scroll where DJI Aeroscope is ??
SkyDroner is there on the list.

Their website shows 2 models . . .

I thought they might be a Chinese company, but looks like Singapore based.

More searching of the (possible) parent company finds some interesting tech . . .

edit typo

Last edited:
You have to think that private use of that technology would open up someone to litigation. I'm guessing that technology is also not compliant with FCC regulations and might cross FAA boundaries.

I can see govco type infrastructure with permanent NFZ, your US Presidential NFZ's, military installations, etc probably having the ok to use this type of tech, but private companies maybe not so much, at least in countries where there have similar airspace rules.

Have to be either flat out illegal or on very shaky ground for private enterprise to use this.
If it's illegal to shoot a drone down, surely interfering with an 'aircraft' is in similar territory.

Mind you, any private corp that has the $ for such installations would have very deep pockets to take on any type of private legal action, such a challenge would certainly need to come from govco resources, such as through FAA or similar.

You have to think that private use of that technology would open up someone to litigation. I'm guessing that technology is also not compliant with FCC regulations and might cross FAA boundaries. I'm honestly shocked a drone was not been used in a major terrorist attack on US soil or waters. For example, there are a good number of videos on YT of individuals chasing cruise ships with drones. I find those videos interesting but drones have to represent a security risk to cruise ships if exploited by the wrong person.

It almost feels like we are headed down the SDI or Star Wars missile defense system path (for those of use old enough to remember the Reagan era) of technology to protect sensitive/high profile targets from drone based attacks.
Why use a drone, for a terrorist attack - when you can load up a car, truck, whatever, with explosives - and do it that way - and - you'll never run afoul of the FAA using car bombs.

In the video the guy is in the backyard and a drone is obviously invading his privacy. What does he do? Well he sure doesn't need that over priced BS. You can drop a drone with a device that costs around $120. Probably less now. The last time I checked they were 4120 and that was pre covid. This device will kill gps, wifi, cell signals etc. In fact if you rely on ring video doorbells or any other wireless security devices, you need to switch to wired. You can drive down the street and knock out all wifi in about a 25 to 30 yard radius around the device. You can drive up to your house with the device active, enter your home and then shut the device off. It takes a minute or two to fully shut off. Then once your wifi is connected again, go and review your security camera video. You will see that there is no video of you arriving or entering your home. You can drop drones left and right if in range of drone or the controller for the drone.

In the video the guy is in the backyard and a drone is obviously invading his privacy. What does he do? Well he sure doesn't need that over priced BS. You can drop a drone with a device that costs around $120. Probably less now. The last time I checked they were 4120 and that was pre covid. This device will kill gps, wifi, cell signals etc. In fact if you rely on ring video doorbells or any other wireless security devices, you need to switch to wired. You can drive down the street and knock out all wifi in about a 25 to 30 yard radius around the device. You can drive up to your house with the device active, enter your home and then shut the device off. It takes a minute or two to fully shut off. Then once your wifi is connected again, go and review your security camera video. You will see that there is no video of you arriving or entering your home. You can drop drones left and right if in range of drone or the controller for the drone.
and what is this device?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji